BSFL-Size between the eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
Was wondering if the rule about only feeding things smaller than the size between the eyes still applied for BSFL? I have some on the way but I have no idea what size they're going to be hahaha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are all quite small and they are soft so it shouldn't be a problem offering all of them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
They are very soft and squishy (like silkworms are) so the rule is not applicable for them.

It is applicable to crickets, roaches (woodies) ,and locusts because they have strong exoskeletons.

Yahtwice

I ordered the small size for my juvie because I assumed they would be just right for him. They are not. They are crazy small. I've popped them into a bin with a banana and they have grown quite a bit in the past day but the next order is going straight to large.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Better off , like all live insects , buying a size or two smaller (in bulk) taking into consideration that insects and lavae tend to be fast growers ,so in a week or two , the last of the order will be the size you think is ideal .

Maggots/gents bought too large quickly pupate and not may lizards will eat the pupae of flies, though they may be very interested in the flies as they emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom