Bearded dragon tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceBug

I have a bearded dragon who is a rescue, he's about 6 months old. The end of his tail is really dark, and seems to have a ball on the end of it. I attatched a picture, does it look like tail rot?
92910-7706326064.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The end of the tail looks like it has either been injured or has retained shed on it.
How long has it looked this way? Do you remember whether or not it has been pinched in between anything or injured?
The best you can do for now, is keep it clean & put some antibiotic ointment or raw unpasterurized or manuka honey on it. You will need to keep an eye on it to be sure the dark discoloration does not travel upwards on the tail, indicating infection.
Does it seem to be bothering him?

Tracie

AliceBug

Original Poster
Drache613":1359tl0e said:
Hello,

The end of the tail looks like it has either been injured or has retained shed on it.
How long has it looked this way? Do you remember whether or not it has been pinched in between anything or injured?
The best you can do for now, is keep it clean & put some antibiotic ointment or raw unpasterurized or manuka honey on it. You will need to keep an eye on it to be sure the dark discoloration does not travel upwards on the tail, indicating infection.
Does it seem to be bothering him?

Tracie
If I touch it, he moves away, but doesn't hiss or seem to be in too much pain. He's had the little nub on the end since I got him. I'm noticing the darkness more lately, if I look closely it looks like the scales are dry, like a thin layer is starting to lift almost, but it's more like a thin layer of really, really old shed.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post another pic or 2, in better lighting ? I agree with Tracie, just keep an eye on it but right now it does not look like tail rot. Their tails often turn darker toward the tip.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing this evening?
Keep us posted on him & I hope it starts looking better & feeling better for him.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us? I hope he is doing well & his tail is healing nicely.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I know you already started a thread for Arlo and you just added your picture to this other person's thread but it's best to keep them separate. You can see how it is confusing because someones already thinks it's the original poster's dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom