Very Lazy Roxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltwerepire

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forms. And sorta new to taking of a beardie, I mean I've had her (born male) for 6 years. Anyways, I've come here to ask some questions. Recently, Roxie's behaviour has changed; she use to run around her tank almost every day, but now she seems lethargic. Her tank setup is quite basic, a few furniture for her to run on, 3 lights (two basking) and one red light, which I will switch that to a moon light bulb. She's never had a problem with her lights one bit. Occasionally if it's hot here in Vancouver, I will only put one basking light on, the tank temp is always kept at 80. I should also mention that she is she is still shedding, it's on top of her head. She just finished with her front legs.

Anyways, when I give her some water, I would take her in the shower and let her sit there for as long as she wants. I do make sure that the shower is clean before anything else. I have caught her drinking the water that drips onto the shower floor. Her poop seems to be watery, but yet still chunky. So I know she's well hydrated. I'm just worried of losing my baby, my parents brought her all the way from Alberta, because my roommate didn't want to have a large dog in the house. I am truly blessed to have my little attitude dragon with me.

I just hope that her shedding is the only reason why she's lethargic. Also pictures of my baby down below. Also if anyone can, what is that red dot underneath her chin?

92912-7652461603.jpg
92912-8188160224.jpg
92912-7457793439.jpg
92912-9761806982.jpg
92912-6631694794.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Might just be getting on and preferring to chill.

Might be the current UVB light is past aging and no longer producing sufficient UVA (and UVB).

She looks in great shape to me....

Just in case , a detailed run down on details of your feeding schedule and other husbandry aspects might throw up something obvious that might be a very easy fix .

Photos of the tank and showing substrate and lighting and of the beardies will help too. Use XIMG button to upload photos from your computer.

How heavy is she ?
...... recommend weighing her regularly (weekly say)?

Can you give us a good rundown on the setup and schedules (light and feeding) :
Basking light
........ is it a coloured globe ? (BAD)
........ what is it's wattage ?
........ how far from the basking spot ?

TEMPERATURES ?
>>> daytime
.......warm zone
.......basking spot
...... how are you measuring your temperatures ?
TOO COLD = SLEEPY DRAGON
>>> overnight minimum viv temperatures ?

UVA AND UVB ADEQUATE ?
>>> is the uv rated AT LEAST 10%UVB ?
>>> is it a COMPACT (curly globe & WATTAGE ?
>>> or a T8 tube ?
>>> or a T5 tube ?
>>> or an MVB ?
VERY IMPORTANT : what is the brand ?
(not all UVB compacts and tubes are created equal or as well , many shops sell their own brand (Zilla, All Living Things, Reptile-One, Nat Geo , Natural Selections (in green boxes) which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors ==> very poor UV spectrum produced incl UVC band and bad parts of the UVB band)

>>> also is it covered (in a domestic fluorescent light fitting )? == BAD
>>> also is it sitting ontop a mesh top ? == BAD
>>> how far from basking spot ?
too far and the UVA and UVB WILL BE TOO DILUTE.
UVA FLUX TOO LOW where dragon is ==> a very lethargic dragon w/ a very poor apetite just in the short term , and neurological problems if this persists , not to mention MVB if UVB flux too low long enough with inadequate metabolisation of dietary calcium or inadequate intake out calcium

guide-bearded-dragon.jpg

t5ho_12_uvb.png

TANK
>>> size (L x W x H) .

TOO SHORT A PHOTOPERIOD (lights are not kept on long enough each day , will make beardie think it is winter , recommend at least 14 HRS PER DAY)

FEEDING SCHEDULE (I recommend at least 2 hrs lights/heat on before first live feed and after last feed of the day)
>>> when are you offering live feeder insects ? what are they ? how big are they ?
>>> when are you offering greens and other veg ? what are you offering ?
good guide is here : http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

ltwerepire

Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me.

How heavy is she ?
...... recommend weighing her regularly (weekly say)? I honestly never thought of measuring her. She does have herself a tummy, but she is certainly not over weight. Each day, I will feed her 5 worms during the day and 3 during the night. Her lunch will consist of healthy greens and fruits. She only eats Romaine lettuce, she refuses to eat her shredded carrots, or a small chopped up piece of strawberry.

Can you give us a good rundown on the setup and schedules (light and feeding) :
Basking light
........ is it a coloured globe ? (BAD)
........ what is it's wattage ? 2 of the bulbs are a 120W and the nighttime bulb is 50W (probably should change it)
........ how far from the basking spot ? The basking spot is where her Hammock is.

TEMPERATURES ?
>>> daytime
.......warm zone
.......basking spot
...... how are you measuring your temperatures ? I only have one thermometer in her tank and it sits where the cool side is, thus with both her daytime lights on, it comes to 80 or 85 degrees
TOO COLD = SLEEPY DRAGON
>>> overnight minimum viv temperatures ? For night time, the temp is usually 60 degrees or 70 degrees

UVA AND UVB ADEQUATE ?
>>> is the uv rated AT LEAST 10%UVB ?
>>> is it a COMPACT (curly globe & WATTAGE ?
>>> or a T8 tube ?
>>> or a T5 tube ?
>>> or an MVB ?
VERY IMPORTANT : what is the brand ?
the brand name for them is Exo-Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom