Runny Stool for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuyun128

I bought this bearded from WDD on March,Recently she look some problem in stool nearly one month,but her appetite is well,main food is Dhupia with some greens. and she looks energetic .Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.Do I need take her to vet to do fecal exam?

Cage 80cm*50cm*50cm
warm temp 89.6 F
SPOT temp 100 F
UVB ZOOMED 10.0 T8 18inch

Sarthon

Hard to say but I recommend you take his/ her poop in for a fecal by the vet. The first poop looks ok, second looks like your dragon may have parasites. Wish you the best. Take your beardies poop in for a fecal asap!

xuyun128

Original Poster
Sarthon":3iu7rkhf said:
Hard to say but I recommend you take his/ her poop in for a fecal by the vet. The first poop looks ok, second looks like your dragon may have parasites. Wish you the best. Take your beardies poop in for a fecal asap!
Thank tks for you reply,by the way, if her appetite was excellent, could recovered by herself? I worried that antibiotics or deworming tablets would be hazardous to her digestive system?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some of the meds can be harsh, but not all of them. It really depends on what's going on and if there is a parasite infection, which one. A vet can determine what's going on and which meds to administer as needed. You can offer probiotics (acidophilus) such as non dairy/soy yogurt to help counter the effect of the meds a bit. It's also good to keep her well hydrated during treatment. They can sometimes get upset stomachs and poop like that but if it's been going on for a month then it's best to have it checked out if you can.

xuyun128

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3rfwb4s2 said:
Some of the meds can be harsh, but not all of them. It really depends on what's going on and if there is a parasite infection, which one. A vet can determine what's going on and which meds to administer as needed. You can offer probiotics (acidophilus) such as non dairy/soy yogurt to help counter the effect of the meds a bit. It's also good to keep her well hydrated during treatment. They can sometimes get upset stomachs and poop like that but if it's been going on for a month then it's best to have it checked out if you can.
Thank you for you great advice,would you adv which kind of hydrated do i need? such as Zoomed water conditioner?or would you recommend one for me?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just offer plain room temperature water from a plastic syringe or dropper. If you drip water on their nose they will lick it up if they are thirsty.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
xuyun128":1dylvgid said:
I bought this bearded from WDD on March,Recently she look some problem in stool nearly one month,but her appetite is well,main food is Dhupia with some greens.
<<< very likely this is dietary , either the greens or the insects ( or what the feeders have been gutloaded with, hydrated with, fed with).
..what are you feeding to the dhubia roaches ?
.. exactly what greens are you feeding to her ?

and she looks energetic .Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.Do I need take her to vet to do fecal exam?

Cage 80cm*50cm*50cm
warm temp 89.6 F
SPOT temp 100 F

xuyun128

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3om8b05r said:
xuyun128":3om8b05r said:
I bought this bearded from WDD on March,Recently she look some problem in stool nearly one month,but her appetite is well,main food is Dhupia with some greens.
<<< very likely this is dietary , either the greens or the insects ( or what the feeders have been gutloaded with, hydrated with, fed with).
..what are you feeding to the dhubia roaches ?
.. exactly what greens are you feeding to her ?

and she looks energetic .Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.Do I need take her to vet to do fecal exam?

Cage 80cm*50cm*50cm
warm temp 89.6 F
SPOT temp 100 F
dhubia feed carrot ,pumpkin & mixed grain
GREENS: Lactuca sativa

xuyun128

Original Poster
she seems grown slow and anti-feeding,Last week I sent fresh fecals to vet for parasite examine,but no parasits be found.Vet said she might be suffered from stomach issue,and Vet gave me Enrofloxacin for 7 days to treat stomach inflammation. Now 10 days was passed but my breaded didn't feel improvement.She's Urates is still in reddish as picture.who could advise if red urates caused by Parasite?How could I do for further treatment? Thank everybody there help my Drogan.
92802-3572170441.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom