Bumping lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

negb

I have had a bunch of problems with my power sun lights burning out so I tried a solar glow. It turned itself off for the first time today.
I think it may be from bumping it. It is in an All Living Things 10 inch deep dome lamp fixture hanging from a Zoo Med reptile lamp stand. It gets moved from me sometimes accidently hitting it with the lid when trying to take the lid off but it also moves anytime I put any pressure on the table the tank is located on. So it's near impossible not to disturb it.
I haven't heard anyone else having this problem so I'd like to know how other people's lights are set up or what I can do to avoid this problem.
Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've used both the Powersun and the Solarglo MVB bulbs and they will both turn off when bumped. They just take a few minutes to start back up, it can be a bit frustrating but not a real big problem.

Did you send in the warranty cards when you had your Powersun ? When mine burned out prematurely I sent it in + they sent me a new bulb very quickly.

negb

Original Poster
I did send them in. I got replacements but that doesn't change the fact that it was extremely frustrating and my lizard would go 2 weeks without proper lighting.
The lights almost always turn back on but eventually they won't or it happens constantly. I'm gone for 8 hours a day and sometimes overnight. The bulb also comes on after I leave the house so I can't keep risking coming home after work to find out the light hasn't been on the whole day.

negb

Original Poster
Does it always come back on? Eventually mine wont.
How often do you bump it?

Ollie2

So far it always came back on. One time I was wondering if I had destroyed it: I knocked over the entire ZooMed lamp holder. But it did come back on after a while - took a little longer that time. I bump mine every few days.

Would it be possible for you to get a Reptisun 10 and put it on the other side of your viv, sort of like UVB insurance? Or would both of those bulbs produce too much UVB? Maybe someone on this board has some experience with this.

negb

Original Poster
I did have an extra uvb but found it made no difference
How long do your lights last? Do they last the whole warranty time?

Ollie2

This is my first MVB. I've got a Reptisun 10 on the viv and we added an MVB later so our dragon could run around outside and bask. So far so good but not really any experience - except for bumping it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom