So I want to put Izzy up for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not going to say anything other than if you are not prepared to care for her and find it all overwhelming . then putting her up for sale is only likely to attract time wasters or unscrupulous breeders who will want to take for next to nothing anyway , or worse .... do you think you are really able to cope with the hanglers and time wasters and ripoff merchants . When you can't cope with her needs.

I suggest you forget about selling her on , and instead pick up the phone and call one of these rescue organisations and ask them come and take her

http://mobile.kingsnake.com/rescues/state/FL/

they'll rehome her with a suitable family.

I just wish I lived handy as I'd take her in a heartbeat and she'd become yet another spoilt and pampered and very happy scaley child. Unfortunately , I live in Australia ,so this is impossible.

Sooner she is taken off your hands sooner she can be rehomed , and perhaps the next home will be her forever family and they'll adore her and give her the love and care and attention she deserves.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":1e6eknww said:
Okay, chill. We were just trying to HELP. If you don't want it, don't ask. None of us were trying to intentionally hurt you, we just wanted to make sure Izzy was still getting the best care possible! Next time (instead of cussing us out), maybe you could simply explain the situation. Getting mad doesn't help anyone.

...Apparently reading on a cell phone makes me inherently 3x more likely to be irritated; reading all the replies on a desktop while sitting down triggered me a lot less for whatever reason. O-o

jayce82's reply is what sparked most of my anger; I basically read it in a very sarcastic tone, and i still feel it was meant to be. The "just cause you can't do your job" comment was was extremely infuriating, as if i haven't been trying for quite some time. Then that anger bled into the other comments as i read them, the "sounds like my ex" comment made it sound like I was like some awful boyfriend trying to get rid of his girlfriend by being dismissive about some menial problem and looking for an easy way out.

I wasn't exactly happy with your first response but it didn't hit me that hard, as it wasn't insinuating I was already caring for her badly or haven't tried.

Then the admin. They responded to me, publicly on the thread, to warn me about inappropriate language, singling me out for it threateningly while lightly slapping the wrist of those who said derogatory things, effectively enabling that kind of behavior. I was the person that felt he was being judged, defending myself and very angry that my efforts in my care of Izzy was being belittled, was being berated over strong language. Strong language is a greater offense than someone being personally attacked, huh? Yeah, they mentioned the comments, but the main goal was obviously to single out my behavior.

That set me ablaze.

If it was done in a note or something, I would have accepted that a bit better.

Anyway, i know i heavily misjudged some replies. I apologize for that and my misguided rage.

HOWEVER, maybe there should be an effort by the members to make sure they aren't assuming the worst about a caretaker here. Ask questions. Instead of saying "please don't desert it" or "don't stop caring for it," ask "who are you looking to take care of it" or "is it eating ok?" Things not so durn diddly disrespectful. (as unintentional and in the best intentions as it may be, it still is disrespectful when people say things like what was said to me) Another thing you guys could do is look at a member's past posts and how long they have been here to give yourself insight on the current topic. This isn't a very active place, so a quick gander won't hurt.

Now with all that out of the way, I did want help. I wanted to know if there were members here, those that obviously care for their beardies and reptiles, that were in my vicinity. That way i would know that if i put her on the for sale section there would be some sort of chance to find someone. I am a frugal person, and i do not like to waste effort or money.

"are you going to discard her if you don't find someone here because you're cheap?" <---(likely awful assumption type response question that's common here)

No you ninny, how dare you. I'll keep her until i find the right person and after i checked them out thoroughly.

ANYWAY, i still don't want to give her up, I just want her to be even MORE healthy and happy, and she just won't help me help her. So i need help to help her. When i said "we don't care much about each other" it's more that i'm fed up with her stubbornness and independence and she just has very little interest in being around me, but she's not aggressive toward me or anything.

Sorry for the wall of text, folks. I thought i should do some clarifying and venting.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I apologize for writing a notation on the inappropriate language, but, this is a family forum & stated in the TOS regarding it. I have to place notation on a thread & edit it out immediately.
I am sorry you were met with such abrasive remarks, it was very unfair & judgemental.
It is never easy being the villain on here, always trying to do the right thing, for all involved.
I hope you are able to find a good home for your girl, no matter how long it takes. There are a lot of good people here on the forum so if you do want to put her up for sale, the For Sale forum is helpful.

Tracie

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2hwn3c22 said:
Hello,

I apologize for writing a notation on the inappropriate language, but, this is a family forum & stated in the TOS regarding it. I have to place notation on a thread & edit it out immediately.
I am sorry you were met with such abrasive remarks, it was very unfair & judgemental.
It is never easy being the villain on here, always trying to do the right thing, for all involved.
I hope you are able to find a good home for your girl, no matter how long it takes. There are a lot of good people here on the forum so if you do want to put her up for sale, the For Sale forum is helpful.

Tracie

*Huuugs* =3

jayce82

Juvie Member
well sweetheart when you write that she's fat a d you're sick of it, also that frankly you don't like her, that pissed me off and insinuated that you are being lazy. do t get mad cause of what I wrote to your childish post

Ollie2

I would suggest to keep any comments neutral and not to go on the attack. Because someone else in a similar situation might not dare to post a plea for help or advice for fear of being attacked.

And I would rather have them post than not post because there might be someone close by who would be able to help and take the beardie.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
zye1984":3kvyvu99 said:
Drache613":3kvyvu99 said:
Hello,

Tracie

*Huuugs* =3

I don't see your advertisement here
viewforum.php?f=2

Surely a for-sale ad on this message is your best bet to find a new home and someone who will take the best possible care of izzy .

I don't know how much this board charges to post a for-sale ad, but it's not going to be very much and much better than going through something like Ebay , Craigs List or what have you or the local broadsheet (newspaper)'s classifieds.

Other option is to ask for the contact number / email for the local Herp Society / Club, this is your other best bet and high likelihood of finding a good home and competent loving carer for Izzy .

I still think you should seriously consider surrendering Izzy to a local Reptile Rescue group since you are in such a hard bind financial bind , sure you'll be giving Izzy to them (for nothing) but also saving on the light bill and her living costs (bugs , heat, groceries, and possible vet bills). See the link I've already provided in my previous post - I am trying to give you an out here .

Good luck , I hope this all works out good for Izzy's sake.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
jayce82":3evdlqeh said:
well sweetheart when you write that she's fat a d you're sick of it, also that frankly you don't like her, that pissed me off and insinuated that you are being lazy. do t get mad cause of what I wrote to your childish post

Okay, no need to rekindle the fire here. Some harsh things were said, but that's all water under the bridge.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am sorry that my attempt at a bit of humor was taken the wrong way. But, I tried to lighten things up a bit, oh well, I'll try again!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":14e5gwqx said:
I am sorry that my attempt at a bit of humor was taken the wrong way. But, I tried to lighten things up a bit, oh well, I'll try again!

I think everyone kinda messed up on this thread lol :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
JessPets":nwy1c61f said:
Gormagon":nwy1c61f said:

I think everyone kinda messed up on this thread lol :lol:
Understatement of the year, lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please, enough with more snyde & rude comments! The OP does not need anymore abuse. This thread is being watched.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to try one last thing before admitting defeat; I'm going to try and see if she will eat dandelion flowers. I don't really know where to find any, they aren't very common in florida that i have seen. I tried a hibiscus flower before, which is supposed to be a favorite, and she completely ignored it.

But i have to ask, has anyone else had their beardie act like they want what you put in front of them for a moment, like wide-eyed and mouth slightly open, then just decide not to chomp? And right after that, move away from the food as if it's the plague? She has literally tried to run away from any non-bug food i've given her, poking her face on the glass. (not frantically, but the general way they do it when they want out) This isn't when she's full or anything either.

Maybe it is partially trauma from when i had fed her watercress a lot and she went through calcium deficiency. (I had read that watercress was a good choice and she loved the stuff, but it apparently binds calcium REALLY BAD) Nursing her back to health was hard on both of us. x-x Though then again, she didn't really seem stressed during that time.. (no black beard other than when i had to force feed some special stuff through a syringe)

I'm just not sure what could be wrong other than her being hard headed..it's really disheartening i can't make her healthier/skinnier because she just doesn't want to...I mean, i literally can't do anything, it's all up to her..

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Just so you know what to look for :
http://www.realfoodforlife.com/dandelion-flower-health-benefits/
http://www.ediblewildfood.com/dandelion.aspx

I've a back yard lawn full of dandelions and clover and several other wild herbs/weeds.

The flowers are always a hit with my beardies and skinks. I cut the flowers into half but it's not necessary.
When you find a patch of them , just be sure to check if anyone has been spraying them (with herbicides - lots of people who want lawns that look like bowling greens spray them to get rid of them).

The flowers , leaves and green seed pods are all edible - the resident wild rosellas love the flowers and green seed pods.

Nasturtium flowers and leaves are good too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
zye1984":32v21hhn said:
I'm going to try one last thing before admitting defeat; I'm going to try and see if she will eat dandelion flowers. I don't really know where to find any, they aren't very common in florida that i have seen. I tried a hibiscus flower before, which is supposed to be a favorite, and she completely ignored it.

But i have to ask, has anyone else had their beardie act like they want what you put in front of them for a moment, like wide-eyed and mouth slightly open, then just decide not to chomp? And right after that, move away from the food as if it's the plague? She has literally tried to run away from any non-bug food i've given her, poking her face on the glass. (not frantically, but the general way they do it when they want out) This isn't when she's full or anything either. <<< I think she's picking up on your stress and tenseness and reacting to it.

Handfeeding the bugs and greens to her might be what you both need in order to bond with each other.

Maybe it is partially trauma from when i had fed her watercress a lot and she went through calcium deficiency. (I had read that watercress was a good choice and she loved the stuff, but it apparently binds calcium REALLY BAD <<<< who told you watercress was no good ? , see extract below from BeautifulDragons
extract_showing_watercress_as_OK_to_give.png

is a very good Ca/P , great source of water and protein.

I can't comment on the Ox/Ca ratio , might an issue if this was all she ate, but as part of relatively balanced diet including dusted insects I don't expect it to be worth worrying about.

) Nursing her back to health was hard on both of us. x-x Though then again, she didn't really seem stressed during that time.. (no black beard other than when i had to force feed some special stuff through a syringe)

I'm just not sure what could be wrong other than her being hard headed..it's really disheartening i can't make her healthier/skinnier because she just doesn't want to...I mean, i literally can't do anything, it's all up to her.
I can't recall seeing a photo of her , can you upload one....
who told you she was obese / fat ?

Really if she's a poor eater , I can't see how she can be obese / too fat.

I had look back through your posts about Izzy , to find this image of her

YvlQF4j.jpg

she looks perfectly healthy to me in that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom