How to ensure good hydration?

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

How to ensure good hydration?

Postby charmander16 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 am

So, our guy won't have anything to do with a water dish. After months of keeping a dish in there and filling it and knowing that he never uses it, I'm taking it out. Since he never used it (that I know of and I've taken time-laps of him throughout the day), it's not different now than before, but I'm just more conscious of it now.

I do spray his salad in the mornings with water, but other than that I don't do much. He eats mostly roaches, along with collard greens and butternut squash.
charmander16
Juvie Poster

Re: How to ensure good hydration?

Postby Terry15 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:07 am

You can give him water with a plastic eye dropper, that's the only way mine will drink water.
Terry15
Juvie Poster

Re: How to ensure good hydration?

Postby Gormagon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am

It is my belief that spraying spring water on her greens and, the moisture in the insects is enough. My dragon has always been well hydrated this way. Unless I am missing something, this will not change!
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Return to Feeding