Bearded dragon has a cut and has visible open flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake7777

Mushu, is my female bearded dragon. When i got her she had a spot on her leg. Shes grown bigger amd the cut has gotten bigger. When she shedded in that area it pealed and pealed back the skin and has a flap that when i open i can see her flesh. I just wamt to know what the cut is, will the open flesh cut heal, and how do i prevent infection. Is there any special reptile lotion or anything else i can give her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the wound has been there for an extended period it may be an infection of some kind already. It's best to have a vet look at it but in the meantime you can put some manuka or raw/unpasteurized honey on the wound to help protect it and help it heal. You can also use plain neosporin without any pain reliever. Try to keep the wound as clean as possible to prevent it from getting worse.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Before seeing the pics I can assure you that this would scare me straight into panic mode if it were Peahes. She would be at the vets office before the ink dried on the apointment book. I hope you dragon is going to be ok!

Jake7777

Original Poster
Mushu is probably the most spoiled bearded dragon ever, she is very well taken care of, i just dont know if its bad. The spot from the store is not open despite how it looks. The new one is open but there is no way that it is infected that fast. I have neosporin so i will use that as soon as she wakes up. Thank you guys so much this site is the best.?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It almost looks necrotic! I'm sorry but I am begging you, please get her to the vet! It is serious enough to warrant a trip for treatment!

Jake7777

Original Poster
I called the vet and they saod the same thing. The store spot is just a scar and the new spot just needs some neosporin and some more cleanin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom