UVB Light Fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! My girlfriend's beardie is in need of an upgrade from a 18 inch to 24 inch UVB. We want to mount the bulb and are trying to find the best fixture. We see a lot of people talk about the Walmart fixtures but we cannot understand what brand their talking about. Can anyone help us out?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
turtlethewaterdragon":yev13lln said:
Hey! My girlfriend's beardie is in need of an upgrade from a 18 inch to 24 inch UVB. We want to mount the bulb and are trying to find the best fixture. We see a lot of people talk about the Walmart fixtures but we cannot understand what brand their talking about. Can anyone help us out?

The Walmart ones are probably OK ... BUT
>>> you will need to install a reflector behind the tube as domestic T8 and T5 fittings have no reflectors builtin
>>> you will have to remove the "clear crystal/ or frosted" plastic cover that wraps over the tube as these absorb ALL the UVA and UVB produced by the T8 or T5 tube UVB tube.

Likely after retrofitting a good reflector in the fitting you will not save many $ over buying a properly made reptile T5 or T8 reflector hood.

Some online shops are offering Arcadia T5HO Slimline 24" reflector hoods including a 24W 12%UVB Arcadia T5HO tube in the kit for a fair bit less you'd pay if you bought the reflector hood and the 12%UVB T5 tube separately.

turtlethewaterdragon

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":15d04t4w said:
turtlethewaterdragon":15d04t4w said:

The Walmart ones are probably OK ... BUT
>>> you will need to install a reflector behind the tube as domestic T8 and T5 fittings have no reflectors builtin
>>> you will have to remove the "clear crystal/ or frosted" plastic cover that wraps over the tube as these absorb ALL the UVA and UVB produced by the T8 or T5 tube UVB tube.

Likely after retrofitting a good reflector in the fitting you will not save many $ over buying a properly made reptile T5 or T8 reflector hood.

Some online shops are offering Arcadia T5HO Slimline 24" reflector hoods including a 24W 12%UVB Arcadia T5HO tube in the kit for a fair bit less you'd pay if you bought the reflector hood and the 12%UVB T5 tube separately.

Are there any for a T8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom