Strange lumps in Beardies poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy815

Hi, my one year old beardy has been behaving strange for about 2 weeks now. She jumps all over the tank glass surfing, and I've now noticed small amounts of poop in the cage. Maybe the size of a human pinkie nail. They must fly out when shes jumping around I guess.

I just saw some feces on the floor of cage and picked it up. It was basically a small marble shaped, coffee colored, hard lump. It looked almost like a nut. It was covered in brown mucus-like substance.

She's not taking normal big poops, just little pieces seem to be coming out, in addition to those nut-like things.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Posting photos of the poop would be helpful, but if she hasn't been pooping normally recently and what she is pooping is hard and small, she may be dehydrated. What is her daily diet? Do you bath her, and how often? What substrate do you have in the bottom of her enclosure? What UVB bulb (make, model, wattage, and is it a tube, or like a regular lightbulb, or a coil bulb)? What basking bulb do you have (brand, color, wattage, etc.)? And what are the 3 important temperatures in her enclosure, hot side, cool side, and main basking spot? And what do you use to take the temperatures?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Just to add, how sure of her age are you? Do you feel any lips in her belly, or does she look lumpy? You said she's been glass surfing, but is she digging at all? She may be gravid as well...

Beardy815

Original Poster
She really ignores vegetables. I try putting worms in the food, she'll pick out the worms. So realistically she'll occasionally eat veggies, but mostly dubia roaches/worms. I've only seen her dig the corner of the repitcarpet maybe once in a week for a little but nothing excessive. I bath her usually twice a week, and spray daily. I have a 10.0 reptisun UVB mounted inside the cage.

I'm 100% sure she is over a year old, perhaps 1 year 3 months is most accurate age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom