Swollen, watery eyes; local vet is unsure of what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, the Panacur is fine, the frequency does vary I agree.
That should take care of any worm issue.
How is she doing today? I really hope that she starts to improve soon!
Have you tried the chamomile tea bags for her yet?

Tracie

iProd

Original Poster
Hi everyone, just a quick update. Unfortunately not much forward progress; still can't see, still swollen, getting thinner by the day as I try to syringe feed her and no news from the vet. However, I believe the pinworms should at least be done since her poops look and smell okay now.

One thing that's concerning me is she's starting to seem like she's lost her balance, that times she will kind of go in a tight circle to the right and kind of put her arms out awkwardly...the future for her doesn't feel very bright, as much as I'm trying for her. I have been starting to put the chamomile tea bags on her head daily, for what it's worth.

I don't know what else I can do for her at this point. If it was just her eyes, I would be happy to have to syringe feed her daily but right now it doesn't seem like I'm able to give her enough in a day to be sufficient in the long term. With her recent behavior it seems like it's only getting worse.

iProd

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I appreciate everyone's input and effort. Unfortunately today was her last day with us, she fought well but with her steady decline we decided it was time to to go so she wouldn't have to suffer any longer. I did get the CT scan done before hand regardless, just to see if they were able to identify anything at least for the sake of knowing, but even then they weren't able to establish anything concrete.

She was a wonderful dragon, a transcontinental traveler who grew up in Santa Barbara, CA and drove across the US with us to Boston a year ago. She loved car rides, hated the sight of airplanes, and was a snuggler. I'll miss you, Iggy, my bearded princess <3

41n9aOb.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
That poor thing, but I fully understand your decision made. It is never easy, regardless if you know it is for the best. She was clearly a very loved girl, and please always keep her in your heart.

Again I'm so sorry for your loss.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so so sorry it ended this way. :( She had a great life with you, those pics are very touching. My heart goes out to you !!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am so sorry to hear you had to her down, poor girl, that is so sad. :cry:
I don't understand how they were not able to find a diagnosis. It is probable she had a weak vessel somewhere, or even heart issues. I am sorry you lost her, she had a great life, with you. Those are precious pictures.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
:( .... just :(

perhaps if you had a better vet treating her the outcome would have been better .... :(

If you decide to get another beardie , I suggest a thorough steam clean of her furnatures + a good "F10"-ing of the viv and all "her stuff" to ensure the pathogen/s and any paracite's eggs are killed and gone.

iProd

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone. I learned a lot of things with the time I had her, maybe if I get another beardie down the road. They such wonderful little critters. Hugs and kisses to all of your beardies out there!

13210374124_cd5853247b_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom