Help! Bearded Dragon fell on her back, difficulty moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulloThere

So I went to feed my dragon earlier (female, maybe six, seven years old? Not too sure) and, seeing the locusts, she got excited and fell out of her little branch thing about six, ten inches? Landed on her back with her tail coming out between her legs and just sorta looked at me. I panicked and tried to turn her over to encourage her to walk towards the locusts. When turned over she sat still for a couple of minutes maybe before finally starting to walk around.

I'm not entirely sure, but she seems to be moving quite slowly now? She's sitting basking at the moment, but about twenty minutes ago I used the delivery tube that we use for the locusts to try and entice her to the other side of her terrarium. She came over after a little while but had to turn around and did so in a really weird way, kind of clambering over her own tail rather than just going around the base of the tree and turning around that way. I'm really worried in case she's a little paralysed? For a while I thought she couldn't move her rear legs but she definitely can, so is her tail paralysed, if that's possible?

I'm sorry if some of this stuff is unclear, please ask if you need me to clarify anything. Right now I just need to know though whether I should be worried or whether I'm over-reacting.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, I am sorry she fell on her back. :( Did you turn her over or was she able to right herself?
I wouldn't think that her tail would be paralyzed, but, she could have twisted or strained her back in a way that is affecting her tail some.
Can you post a picture of her walking, moving, etc so we can take a look?
Which UVB light are you currently using for her & how close is it mounted to her?
Did she end up eating any locusts then, or not?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom