Supers for young dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
How old do bearded dragons have the be to eat superworms? My beardie is about six months old and I would really like to start a superworms farm, but I have heard that they can't digest very well, but I just don't know what age they can eat them at. He used to eat supers just fine but then I heard they aren't good for them, and I switched to crickets, but he has recently stopped eating crickets, but that is possibly from traveling.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
I say about a year, at least they are able to digest it better. super worms are good as treats and not a staple.
i used to feel Lizarto just supers and she started to lose her color, i was so scared. but when i started to feed her crickets and roaches, she was more alert and active and she got her color back, cause her system was not blocked as the supers had a hard exe- skeleton. and it made her impact at one point.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh my thank you! I may try to start a farm and have it going an use it as a just in case, but I really want to start a discoid roach colony but my family is not in to that
Lol but he is getting a little tired of crickets so I might try harder!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Bogathedragon":ney093wg said:
Oh my thank you! I may try to start a farm and have it going an use it as a just in case, but I really want to start a discoid roach colony but my family is not in to that
Lol but he is getting a little tired of crickets so I might try harder!

Try ordering dubias online. They last MUCH longer than crickets, don't die, don't stink, don't make noise, easy to care for, and aren't super ugly.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he ate them before he can still eat them. All my dragons I personally raised were easily eating superworms by 13-14" long, just not the largest ones [ they can be cut in half ] and not a lot of them at once. Any dragon can get a bit constipated no matter what the diet is, too many insects at once can contribute to it as well as not having enough hydration or not basking long enough. Some dragons go poo less as they get bigger, and may take longer between and still not be actually impacted.

So don't get rid of the supers, just feed him a few a day and offer the other insects as well.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
great thank you! i really wanted to get some dubias, but sadly i live in florida, so if i were to get roaches i would have to get discoids, which i have been told are still very nutritious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom