Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh goodness, what a week.
Mufasa somehow hurt one of her fingers while I wasn't looking and I found some blood dried on the bottom of her finger on her front leg right next to her nail. I'm assuming she caught it on something, it doesn't seem to hurt her so i put antibiotic ointment on it and am keeping an eye on her. She is doing almost a full body shed and its finally starting to come off to her pleasure. Her heat bulb broke and i just replaced it with a different kind, I need to look into better heat lamps. :roll:
82607-5337814027.jpg
82607-9890835834.jpg
82607-1504065926.jpg
Norberta has been very happy and energetic, lots of head bobbing. She shed the tip of her tail, her hands and feet and arms, plus her chin. She was very pleased with herself this morning when she kept running away while I was trying to measure her, and when she caught sight of my snake she started bobbing excitedly before doing a lap and catching sight of Mufasa in her tank and bobbing her too. Hid under the bed when my sister tried to measure her while I was weighing the crab and snake and just looked at her like she was laughing. :lol:
82607-5191626567.jpg
82607-2558305040.jpg
82607-1834912300.jpg
I've had family in visiting and they love all the girls, which is a nice change (they had a snake a year or two ago), and the weather has been really nice. I'd like to take Mufasa out at some point, but I don't feel entirely comfortable without a harness. And my cat would probably get too interested. I'm not sure if I want to take Norberta out, last time she tried attacking me and was not happy AT ALL :lol: Olympia is in shed right now too, I hadn't realized three of them are shedding at the same time! Lol.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
that does sound like a hard week. but i am glad they are happy and loved by you :)
i really love the pictures that you put for your dragons. they are so cute, happy and bright <3

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you have a spot in your house where you can open a window and she can get sunlight, that would be alot better. Mine don't go out until I get the balcony clean up, they never go outside downstairs, they get too freaked out. So once I get the balcony sorted, they'll have their chair where they can sit in the sun as long as they want. They they can get down and run around on the balcony. That works find for them all.

I loved all the pictures and sorry Mufasa hurt her foot. Hope it heats up well.

I talked to my vet and there is nothing wrong with Castiel. They could not grow bacteria or fungus. So I'm thinking that he did bruise his beard when he was all over the place in March during his Spring Fever season. He could easily have bruised his beard on his log while jumping all over the place. He's crazy at Spring Fever time.
:roll: :roll:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BeardieLover232 aww thank you for the compliments!! They are so much fun.

Deb yeah, we will probably do that as the weather gets more consistent. Norberta likes to try and bask in the sun on the floor when I get her out in the afternoons and the sun hits the window just right. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! And I'm so happy to hear about Castiel!! Lol he needs to take it easy during spring fever.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yeah, I keep telling Castiel to chill out but he has the month that he just goes crazy, only Imp is worse than him, but they're both out of it now, thank goodness.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If anyone ever figures out how to get a beardie to "take it easy" during "spring fever", short of putting them in a padded cell... :? :mrgreen:

BTW, Mufasa and Norberta are beautiful. :D Sounds like they're enjoying themselves, in spite of minor injuries. Hope it heals up well.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can totally see Imp being worse :lol: And SHBailey that sounds about right lol! Thank you so much!!

Fun thing happening! The veggies I planted back in April are getting to the point that we can start eating them! Went out and took pics today, here are a few of them.
82607-9903233977.jpg
Peas are starting to vine.
82607-3672193224.jpg
The mustard greens are growing so fast.
82607-5553340409.jpg
Then the collards.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yummy, they're sure going to enjoy what comes out of your garden :D

Second biopsy back on Castiel, negative for bacteria or any kind of fungus. So it's still a mystery as to what actually happened on his face to cause spikes to discolour and die. At least he's ok now. He looks great most of the time, too, his lightest colours when I hold him now. No more dark.

Cierra is still fat as ever but realized her back legs are shedding, might explain why she's not moving much.

Imp is eating more since I throw bugs at him when he's in the living room, he's already feeling heavier, so that's good.

Gabriel is good as ever, even though the right side of his face looks different and his eye doesn't work very well on that side either. I'll have to post pics in a bit.

Nathaniel is almost finished shedding and his foot is fine, that he was limping on when it was swollen with shed. Hadn't ever seen that before, was glad to see him running around for bugs today and his foot looks normal.

I'll post more later, have to get over to Eric's place with some food.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hopefully they will! They have gotten a bit of the mustard greens and they seem to really enjoy them.
Thanks for the update on your crew! Glad they all seem to be doing well.

Yesterday I let Norberta run around during the afternoon and remembered to get the camera. She was a bit of a pest though, I was trying to get pictures of her beard colors and she would squirm and run off and give me this disgusted look. :lol:
82607-1875882261.jpg
82607-3769762814.jpg
82607-6771675623.jpg
In the last one she had run off and was mid head bob :roll:

Mufasa got to get out too, but didn't run around much (I think cause she is in shed) so I ended up picking her up and laying on my bed with her for a little while. I almost fell asleep, she just sat there looking around lol.
82607-6584022930.jpg
82607-9022550517.jpg
82607-6770983832.jpg
Her poor face still hasn't shed and she looks a bit like a grumpy ghost. :lol:

Oh, I also took pictures last night of them sleeping, I was feeding my snake and she had pooped and shed, then she actually struck her rat so I got some pics of her eating (the flash didn't bother her a bit, she was so happy eating :lol: ) but I decided to take a peek at the other girls too.
82607-3353812741.jpg
Norberta looked comfy.
82607-9121575905.jpg
The flash woke Mufasa up for a second but she went right back to sleep.
82607-2709359313.jpg
And Olympia eating.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Mufasa has beautiful coloring on her face, even when she's shedding.

Puff and I fell asleep in bed together the other night, and I was a little upset when my husband came in to get him and I realized I'd dozed off. :sleepy2: :shock: I try not to do that, but my husband assured me that he had been watching us.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I loved the pictures and Norberta sure has a pretty coloured beard.

Lots of shedding going on around here, too, Nathaniel is almost done. Cierra has her back legs to go. Castiel's upper body and 1/2 his head is shedding but nothing off yet. Gabriel only shed around and above his bad eye (right side of his face). Imp did a shed awhile ago but nothing recent. He's eating much better with me throwing worms on the living room floor and him chasing them, then he likes to chase roaches, too, so he's gradually getting heavier and good poops, too.

I'm off to work today, but tomorrow I'll be posting the pictures I took at my dad's 90th birthday. If all goes well today, Thursday and Friday, then I work f/t nxt week, but I have a feeling it's going to take another week before I can do full-time. So might lose a bit of $ from pay after next, we'll see how it goes. I really can't wait to get to retirement, 3 years Dec 1, Dec 1, 2020 and I'm DONE! If I lived close to work, it would be easier, it's the hour each way travelling that's getting to me.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you SHBailey, I love her coloring, its so fun and changes a bit with every shed. Good thing your husband was keeping an eye on you guys, I've had that happen in the evenings if I lay in bed with one of the girls on my chest, I'll fall asleep and wake up panicking after I realize they are still asleep on me. The other day Norberta was running around my room (its pretty much beardie proof) and I was in bed watching her, and I closed my eyes for one sec and ended up taking a half hour nap. When I woke up, I checked all her usual hiding spots and she wasn't there! She had found a new spot underneath my computer bag and was sleeping there. :lol: :roll:

Thanks Deb! I wanted to get one of Mufasa's beard too but its in shed. Do any of your crew get grumpy while in shed? And whats up with Gabriels eye? That's so funny Imp likes to eat like that! Glad he is gaining weight. And glad you are getting back to work! I bet, your getting so close!! And wow, I didn't realize it was that long to get to and from work.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for double posting, but, ha, I was wondering if you guys could take a look at Norberta. I had her out today playing on me and the couch and siblings, when I randomly decided to check her gender again just because I haven't in a while. Am I seeing things or are there two bumps? :?: :lol:
82607-1355780820.jpg
82607-3028007914.jpg

Love to hear what you all think, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she is a he LOL.

A few pics of the girls from the past few days, I don't remember when I took them. Mufasa still hasn't shed, she's getting really close though. And the black beard pic of Norberta was while she could see Mufasa when she was getting a turn out of her tank.
82607-1178243915.jpg
82607-5484186029.jpg
82607-4119558465.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Looks female to me, but I'm no expert. When we first got our beardie, I only knew he was male because the folks we got him from said so and the vet agreed. No indications otherwise since then, especially with the really obvious femoral pores and the occasional episodes of blackbearding and head bobbing in the spring.

The blackbearding at Mufasa could be male behavior. I suppose you could easily change her/his name to "Norbert" if that turns out to be the case. :?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts SHBailey! Is Puff your only dragon? I don't think I've seen a thread for him, but I always see you mentioning him. And yeah, that is another reason I think she might not be a she, Mufasa does a slow headbob and arm waving back at her which Deb mentioned means shes ready to mate :lol: Sorry Fasa, that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom