Like A Weed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

So, Thomas Patrick Phillips has been home with me for officially three weeks now. I was going to wait a month before getting too excited, but it seems I'm doing something right, as this little guy is growing like a weed! He's eating bugs like it's his job! He's even munching at salads (after sitting in them for a while, or course), especially if I wiggle the squash in front of him so he thinks it's worms... :lol:

Here he is the first night I brought him home, December 8th, at 24 grams... Already showing that mischievous personality, it seems... ("It's bed time, get that light out of my face, crazy lady!")
89627-3877722425.jpg
(Working on a shed on his whole head and abdomen, poor thing)

And here he is last night, December 30th, at 50 grams!! (Now working on a shed for all his appendages, guy can't catch a break!)
89627-7638978199.jpg

Haven't measured his length, but he's definitely gonna be a big'un. Might have to open up the rest of his tank soon!

And, just because, here's his 'come hither' look...
89627-4823395028.jpg

"Helloooooo, Lady Lizards!"

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
What a cutie, love the photo with the mini solo cups and his hand near the ball. I suspect cheating, but I wasn't there.

Still waiting for some sunshine again here in WI. Been raining for about 4 days straight.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
He turns such a beautiful bright orange color in the sun, and then fades out to a lovely pastel peach when he's sleepy. Sounds like he loves going outside to play in the "salad" on a sunny day. :D

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi All!

I would never cheat at Lizard Pong! Dad, though..... That's another story. He's a sore loser. :lol: I miss the giant outside. It's been yucky here for days! I wanna go play in the sun! It makes me run fast, like a rocket!

Anyway... Mom and Dad have been singing at me. I'm not sure how I feel about it...
89627-6094813915.jpg
"The Phaaaaaantom of the Opera is there...."

And no, I do not eat my greens on command. What do you think I am, a silly baby?
89627-5633847481.jpg

I'm a grown-up, Mom! How utterly pleased with myself I am!
89627-921743727.jpg

I was a little concerned about sitting on the board thing Mom makes my salads on, but I guess I am too big for my scale now, and if I can show off my masculine physique, I'll allow it. Mom wants to ask the breeder if maybe he accidentally mixed some German Giant DNA in there with my parents. I'm not even nine months old, yet!

Anyway, see ya later!
89627-5525703379.jpg
I am your Angel of Music... Come to me! Muahahahahaha!

Melodically,
Thomas Patrick Phillips

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
He's adorable! I love his homemade skull mask :)

Richter is about the same age and weighs about 100g less. My vet called Richter a monster because of his size. If Richter is a monster, then Thomas Patrick Phillips is the brood mother :lol:

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I remember Richter and Thomas were about the same age!! (Thomas' hatch date is September 11th :/ ) I was watching him to see how it went! :lol: He is certainly a monster, and is probably eating you out of house and home, too! Can't imagine having two bug-crushing growing little buggers at once like Alucard and Richter, I've had mostly adults and rescues.

And OOhhhh!! What if they start to call to each other to assemble a giant dragon force and take all the humans (who aren't already!) into dragon slavery! They might sprout wings, you never know... :dontknow:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
The vet actually requested lessening Richter's protein to ward off any obesity when he gets older though she confirmed he's not overweight yet. He's been happy to oblige at least!
If Alucard keeps this up she's going to be a biggun too.

They're going to create an elite dragon fleet. Don't let them near technology!!!

89300-9744015643.jpg

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Man, I wish he was stroking his beard in that picture... Too perfect.

**EDIT:
PS: They both have that sort of... narrow lower jaw (Thomas says distinguished?) instead of the rounder chubby dragon face... Hmmm... I sense there may be something happening of which we may not be aware....

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
fuchsiaSkies":o0zh8dra said:
**EDIT:
PS: They both have that sort of... narrow lower jaw (Thomas says distinguished?) instead of the rounder chubby dragon face... Hmmm... I sense there may be something happening of which we may not be aware....

He's definitely all upper jaw.. His thinner bottom jaw makes him look like a muppet or bird :lol: I love him.
I didn't know if it was a male thing or not since both Simon and Alucard had/have perfectly separated upper and lower jaws, like perfectly down the center
89300-6321167801.jpg
Alucard
89300-6226913053.jpg
Simon
89300-6705269823.jpg
Baby Richter

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2601jk10 said:
I thought we were already dragon slaves. It couldn't get much worse, could it? :lol:

Yep, I personally see no problems with this future! Though I'm worried about the 'normals' (or muggles? ;) ) who may not be so keen on the idea. :shock:

Yep, we're definitely going with distinguished. I love how some angles make 'em look like complete "derp", and some make them look like big strong manly dragons. :lol:

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, All!

Wow, I've been offline for a while! Mom has been super busy trying to open a new restaurant that serves (yuck!) people food, and has been hogging the computer! She's also been leaving me home with Dad a lot more, so I took some snuggle opportunities when I could...
89627-5625520786.jpg
89627-4666980216.jpg
89627-6635841499.jpg

Other than that, I've just been Sexy Leggin' it up all over the place, Dad says I'm a ham, but I'm pretty sure I'm still a dragon...
89627-2291380577.jpg
89627-4998888420.jpg
89627-4604628244.jpg
89627-9667187179.jpg

And, my personal favorite: The Super Double Mid-Air Sexy Leg Pancake:
89627-770059932.jpg

Mom thinks she's hilarious...
89627-119379322.jpg

So then this happened, and I was not a happy camper:
89627-9933649403.jpg

Then they made me play outside with my step-sister. I am not amused, little human:
89627-8349980330.jpg

And then afterwards, I tried really really hard to stay up for my favorite show, but I just couldn't make it...
89627-9786561396.jpg

Anyway, here's the best part!!

I was looking at my Instagram page (I have over 100 followers now!!), and I saw this one little guy who looked kinda familiar who had liked one of my pictures. I checked out his page, and noticed that he lived in the same state that we do. So I sent him a message through Instagram, and guess what?!? He was born mid-September, just like me, and came from the same breeder where mom got me! How freaking cool is that?!? In this whole wide crazy world of the internets, I found my brother by a random coincidence!! Can't you see the resemblance? His name is Ragnar!
89627-8611418618.jpg

I think that might be the single best thing Instagram has ever done for me!!

See ya later, guys! I'll try not to stay away for too long again!

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom