Clear squishy thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a bearded dragon, female, about three months old, and I found an odd squishy clear thing in her water dish today. Not sure what it is, my initial thought was that it was some sort of eggsack since she's been gaining weight and acting strange, but it looks nothing like normal infertile eggs. She's shedding currently so not sure if that has to do with it but I would like to know if I should be concerned. One theory is that it could be a cricket quencher from a cricket box or that she could have spit it up after drinking water but I've never seen her drink so I'm not sure.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is an interesting description....you don't happen to have a picture do you?
Did she ingest a cricket quencher gel then? If so, then that is highly plausible that is what it is. An egg shouldn't be clear.
How is she otherwise, is she eating normally?

Tracie

LuckyMoonWriter

Original Poster
Drache613":1c1nz1zg said:
Hello,

That is an interesting description....you don't happen to have a picture do you?
Did she ingest a cricket quencher gel then? If so, then that is highly plausible that is what it is. An egg shouldn't be clear.
How is she otherwise, is she eating normally?

Tracie
I don't happen to have a pic, not that it would be any good as the thing is practically invisible.
I honestly have no idea if she ingested a quencher gel. I didn't see her eat one but it's possible. And yes she is eating almost 40+ medium crickets a day along with some collared greens and dandelion greens and the occasional cantaloupe. She's very healthy and very active. I'm just a bit paranoid since the death of a 3 month old not too long ago but I found out that was because she needed a UVB bulb (a PetSmart employee told me not to get one but the breeder I got this beardie from told me how important it is)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry, I missed her age of 3 months! :oops:
So, you can definitely rule out infertile eggs at that age. Are there quencher gels in her tank for her to ingest?
I suppose it could maybe be possible clear fiber type of material from the cantaloupe, but not sure.
At any rate, I think she will be fine!
Which UVB are you using for her?
It sounds like she has a great appetite also, eating 40 plus crickets daily is great.

Tracie

LuckyMoonWriter

Original Poster
Drache613":3jbixjue said:
Hello,

I am so sorry, I missed her age of 3 months! :oops:
So, you can definitely rule out infertile eggs at that age. Are there quencher gels in her tank for her to ingest?
I suppose it could maybe be possible clear fiber type of material from the cantaloupe, but not sure.
At any rate, I think she will be fine!
Which UVB are you using for her?
It sounds like she has a great appetite also, eating 40 plus crickets daily is great.

Tracie

We don't use quencher gels, however, sometimes we do buy boxes of crickets that use those and just dump the whole box in so it could have come from that
And I'm not really sure what you're asking for when you ask what type of UVB?
And yes she's a little fatty haha. The people at the pet store look at us funny when we ask for 2 hundred crickets at a time but that only lasts less than a week. She's gradually eating more and more at a time and growing so fast!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I was just wondering if your UVB was a long tube bulb type, or a compact/coil type of light?
Which brand is it & how close is it to her?
Yeah, they do go through a lot of crickets when they are that age! I am glad to hear she's doing so well now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom