Sister's bearded dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquariaI

My sister and I both have a bearded dragon, mine is very healthy and active. Her's is very lethargic and is not healthy. They were in the same tank as baby's, and are now separated into large terrariums. she had to leave to get help with her eating disorder though. She handed her bearded dragon, Charzard, over to me. I cleaned the cage and it was as if it'd been a month since it had been cleaned and her bearded dragon would not eat at all. Charzard is so skinny and hasn't ate in maybe 2 weeks, i've been giving Charzard supplement, but he refuses it now. So I assumed he was dehydrated, I got Charzard to drink water. However after drinking it, Charzard had some sort of spasm and went insane shaking everywhere and now won't close his mouth and it is wide open. He is laying down now looking sickly and i'm very concerned. There isn't reptile veterinarians around me, and this bearded dragon has been falling apart. My Dragon, Dino is extremely healthy though, so I know the care I am giving is correct. The lighting set up and habitat is no issue, I am completely sure. Charzard has always been a picky eater but hasn't stopped eating entirely and had such crazy spasms drinking water. Also earlier, Charzard had blood in his stool. Please give any advice you can! I'm very concerned and don't know how much longer Charzard will make it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry Charzard isn't doing well right now.
Just to double check, can you review your tank setup for him, for the UVB & lighting, along with the temperatures & supplementation to be sure it's all correct.
Blood in the stool can be indicative of worms or parasites that are a bit high in levels, or he could have strained a bit when going to the bathroom with harder urates possibly.
Can you get a fecal done on him to test for the worms or parasites?
If he is not eating, you can try getting some chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with squash or sweet potato baby food, along with his calcium, to give to him via syringe or plastic dropper.
Are his eyes sunken in?
Could he be impacted from loose substrate?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

AquariaI

Original Poster
Charzard actually passed away a couple hours after the post. I did try various foods with Charzard and the set up was the same as my healthy dragon's. It's a mystery to me, Charzard was in my care for a week. So the previous owner may have gotten lazy at points. I was down to cleaning Charzard's cage every few days, and I tried feeding different foods and hydrating Charzard throughout the day. It'll always puzzle me I guess.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that Chazard passed away so suddenly with you. :cry: That is always such a horrible feeling to lose one. He was obviously very ill & if there was that much blood, then it could have been his liver going bad or a heavy parasite load making him ill.
How is your other one now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom