Boys vs girls - the chill factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
TWINKLET4":2xzlr5oe said:
Traildrifterphalanx- yes, I'll have one Richter please!
I love that you call him your "little biscuit "! ?
Glad that all his issues cleared up.

Richter is my little biscuit.
Alucard is my little chickpea :lol: I just gave her that title yesterday.

I think Richter suffered calcium or vitamin deficiency as a baby, he was jerky and would tremble/shake, but it cleared up about a week afterward.

Hopefully Kush gets a little less wild for ya. He's in his toddler/kid phase, so I'm sure he'll calm down as he gets older.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like Kush is still a little skittish about being picked up and put down. That will probably improve once he learns to trust you not to drop him, especially if you try to support as much of his weight as possible when you're picking him up and putting him down. They get nervous when they don't feel like they have all 4 of their feet on something solid.

I usually pick up our beardie by sliding one hand under him from the front, then supporting his rear end with the other hand, then settle him on my chest and keep both my hands on him in case he gets wiggly. If I don't get slapped in the arm with his tail, I know it went well. Putting him down can be a little tricky since I can't exactly reverse the process and slide my hand out from the front the way I did when I picked him up because they have one-way scales on their underbelly, so I have to move out from the side or roll my hand out from under his beard so I'm not rubbing him the wrong way. Sometimes he steps off by himself and crawls forward over my hand. It takes some practice and both you and your beardie will probably eventually come up with a way that works for both of you.

Bedtime cuddles are a great way to bond, even if your beardie is half asleep and wrapped up in a blanket. I think it still helps them learn that you're warm and comfortable and harmless. :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom