Mouth Rot advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a LOT of pets. And I've had my dragon for over 4 years now and everything is normally good with him. My husband and I are very tight on money right now (new to homeowning and newly weds) but if it gets any worse after using that stuff then I will definitely have to pull some strings.

Thank you guys.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It doesn't look bad to me at all so I wouldn't push your budget too hard unless it starts to look worse or keeps him from eating.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He eats his bugs but hasn't been eating his greens much unless I hand feed him. He is the laziest dragon you would ever meet. He's always been super lazy since day 1. So that doesn't really surprise me lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, that is not anything to worry about. Was it worse when the vet treated it and now looking this good ?

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No. Nothing really changed that I noticed. But like I said I didn't know what he was looking at. So I was going off what I saw.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was there any infection going on inside his mouth, and did you get a look at it ? That little spot on his lip is not mouth rot.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have no idea if there was an infection or not. The vet never told me what he said that drew him to the mouth rot conclusion. He was just rambling on about meaningless stuff lol and he left so quick I was like jeez.

But he is pretty chill about stuff. I have been checking his mouth and he doesn't seem to be irritated. It's not red or anything. I was using a q tip to go along his gums to get out anything that was stuck. I got some stuff a few times but that made his gums irritated. I did read that dragons with mouth rot oversalivate. I don't know what normal salvation looks like cause I never paid any mind too it but his mouth is always really really moist when I look in. It's not like he's drooling but it's there.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is a dragon who had mouth rot. You can see his gums are VERY irritated and swollen and he has a lot of thick mucous in his mouth due to the irritation.

76248-6513421656.jpg

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah it's definitely not swollen like that. Maybe he has always had mucus I just never noticed. It was mainly the spots on his lips that was bothering me. But now that I know that has nothing to do with mouth rot I feel confident that he is okay.

I have always kept his cage clean. And he doesn't poop very often lol. He is also in a bioactive terrarium that my husband an I built. He is so much happier in there than his old tank. He used to sleep allllll the time and I would have to keep pulling him out and putting him in his basking place. But now he is always basking, always sexy legs and when he feels like it he uses all 6 ft of the terrarium to get his exercise until mommy let's him run around the living room lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's pretty happy! I'd love to have the space to provide a good bioactive setup.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I agree with the others - mind it and if you do find a vet mention it but doesn't look like it would need treatment. Glad to hear he has a nice big setup! A happy dragon like that will have an easier time staying healthy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom