hydrstion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
so what is considered too much water when giving it to them via syringe? I'm trying to rehydrate gizmo and I'm giving him 1cc every 24 hours for the last 3 days.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old and big is he ?

If he's getting plenty of nice juicy live insects and greens daily he should be getting most the hydration he needs , dripping water from a syringe on his nose is a common means of giving a beardie a drink , when they loose interest , they've had enough.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the water on the snout method works well usually. I think in another post you were concerned that he might be a bit dehydrated. If he drinks from the syringe you can give him more than 1cc, 2-3 or more if he'll take it. Once he's had enough he may let you know just by refusing anymore.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he is 472 grams and 20" long. the reason for this is cause his poo had some orange on the end and his appetite has slowed a lot so he's not eating as much as he should and from what I've read him being dehydrated makes him loose his appetite.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I wouldn't force him to drink unless you know for sure he is dehydrated. The stress of forceing may put off his appetite and you run the risk of aspiration too.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
then how am I supposed to help him? the orange on the urate means dehydration. I'm not gonna sit here and let my guy die cause I didn't do something as simple as giving him water

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Orange urate can also be from food and vitamins among other things. Are they chalky and hard?

I would keep offering by dripper, myself. It took me a few weeks to get Pepper used to drinking that way.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he hasn't eaten anything but veggies for about s month now so it's not from food. I guess I'll keep offering by dripping now and wait to see what his next poo looks like.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of his next poo ? What exact veggies is he eating ? And it can take a while before they realize that the water dripping is actually a drink. I usually use a spray bottle with a gentle direct stream to the nose. You spray, stop repeat. Sometimes it takes about a minute but all my dragons have drank that way from the time they hatched. Adults just don't want/need it as often. If he's eating a lot of moist veggies then he may not want a drink very often but he probably will every once in a while. Some of mine would drink about every 7-10 days.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
of you've seen my other posts that's my issue is that his eating is slowed way down for some reason. he only eats collards, ignores any and every vegetable and fruit. and as of lately won't touch a feeder neither. hos next poo I'll make sure to take another pic and post for y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom