BABY GECKO PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivi_ends013

Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Okay so this very important everyone, I just found a baby gecko in the laundry area at my apartments!!!! I want to keep it, but I'm not exactly sure how to take care of it because I've only ever had a bearded dragon. What do I need for the little guy?
full

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They require no special lighting and minimal heat 65 to 80 max, lots of climbing structure and small enclosures (10 gal is big enough for 2).
It would be best to Google: gecko care sheet, this will answer all your questions. They are easy to care for.

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Gormagon":1j39gm7s said:
They require no speciation lighting and minimal heat 65 to 80 max, lots of climbing structure and small enclosures (10 gal is big enough for 2).
It would be best to Google: gecko care sheet, this will answer all your questions. They are easy care for.

Okay thank you!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Look up native and invasive geckos in your area - you'll want to positively ID it to make sure oh have the right care. It looks like a Mediterranean or house gecko to me, and may be an adult rather than a baby.

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Taterbug":1jcywb8q said:
Look up native and invasive geckos in your area - you'll want to positively ID it to make sure oh have the right care. It looks like a Mediterranean or house gecko to me, and may be an adult rather than a baby.

From what I can tell after doing a little research it is a house gecko

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Gormagon":8q8z9vqk said:
Keep us updated on the lil guy, we love these kinds of stories.

I gave the little guy to a friend of mine who has experience with geckos! Hes told me that the little guy is settling in and eating well!

This looks like a Pacific House Gecko, they're all over my house. In Alabama so I'm guessing invasive species here but it depends on where you live. And that may be no baby, how big is it? It's full grow if it's as long as your longest finger, babies are very small.

Aww he looks like a cute little guy. Long tail so we can assume that it hasn't fell off, at least since reaching an older age. Let us know how he is doing at your friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom