Not About Beardies But It's Important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so my best friend, she lost her leopard gecko, Dani and refuses to get help so I'm getting help for her. She's looked virtually everywhere (Under the bed, desks, etc.) But still can't find him! I need a recomendation for a leopard gecko forum like this one as well as some places she may not have looked. Sorry for this not being beardie related and in the E.R. but this is rather important and I don't know any good leopard gecko forums. Getting a hide or putting out food wouldn't work, as he is hand fed (his tankmate is the boss and she gets a decent amount of food so he has to be)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ooh, that is going to be hard to find!
Is she sure he is still in the bedroom or could he have gotten elsewhere in the house?
Maybe try getting some clear or black plastic bags & strategically place them in a few areas, putting some flour on them sprinkled around. People use this method when they lose snakes. I don't know if that will work or not, but it's worth a try.

Tracie

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
Thank you so much, she's doing that right now, maybe it'll actually work, hopefully. Don't want Dani to die somewhere, poor mite

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
Dani has still not been found. He's a leopard gecko so he can't exactly climb (Just found the leopard gecko forum, so I don't mind if it's moved there) He's been missing for around 4 or 5 days, not a particularly fat tail but a healthy tail. He may have a week to survive if he's found a water source. She's looked behind tables and under every nook and cranny and still no luck. We worry the worst has happened to Dani.

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
He has been found! Turns out he was beneath the mattress, we can't figure out how he wasn't crushed or even got there. He's a bit thin but he's alive!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news Dani has been found! :D
How on earth did she find him there? He is very lucky he wasn't smashed. I am glad he was found I am sure she is very happy.

Tracie

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
One of her cats had clawed out a small area that he was curled up in, he's probably been in there for all these days just trying to stay warm.

Even his tankmate seemed to miss him, even if she is a big bully to him sometimes. The reunion was cute, they stared at eachother for a bit (it's a large tank, I forget how many gallons but it's large enough to house them both without complications). They've been together for 10 years so they probably have a bond now. Dani is being a bit spoiled now under the argument that "He's been traumatized! he deserves all his favorite insects!"

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SweetSpicyDragon":3ah9tu8a said:
One of her cats had clawed out a small area that he was curled up in, he's probably been in there for all these days just trying to stay warm.

Even his tankmate seemed to miss him, even if she is a big bully to him sometimes. The reunion was cute, they stared at eachother for a bit (it's a large tank, I forget how many gallons but it's large enough to house them both without complications). They've been together for 10 years so they probably have a bond now. Dani is being a bit spoiled now under the argument that "He's been traumatized! he deserves all his favorite insects!"

>>>>> probably giving him a good talking to .....

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I will go ahead & move your thread to the gecko forum for you! I am so happy it had a good ending. :D

Tracie

SweetSpicyDragon

Original Poster
Drache613":3na7csf8 said:
Hello,

I will go ahead & move your thread to the gecko forum for you! I am so happy it had a good ending. :D

Tracie

Thank you! I am to, for a while we feared the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom