**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":9iohu618 said:
Our beardie likes salads just about as much as yours does. :p :lol:

Rocky finally broke down and ate some salad today. :blob5: I always get nervous when he takes a break from eating.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Poor little chubster... Maybe he can't smell the enticing-ness of the salad with all that shed in his nose holes! :lol: He does have pretty great grumpy old man eyebrows going on, too... I know I get grumpy when I have a stuffy nose... :?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The salad wars continue... I ran out of his favorite greens and couldn't find them at the store so I bought something different. Needless to say, he's not impressed with my selection.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: :laughhard: :laughhard:

But seriously, I still think you're lucky your beardie even has any favorite greens. All our little guy seems to want is bugs. These days, if I found him making a mess like that with his salad, I'd be happy that he was at least showing any interest in it at all. :roll:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2rh7i3d0 said:
:lol: :laughhard: :laughhard:

But seriously, I still think you're lucky your beardie even has any favorite greens. All our little guy seems to want is bugs. These days, if I found him making a mess like that with his salad, I'd be happy that he was at least showing any interest in it at all. :roll:

Yes, I am VERY lucky that he even has favorite greens. AND...even luckier that I was able to figure out what they are. As a rescue, I had no idea what he liked/didn't like. I spent months trying every kind of safe greens with him. Since Mustard greens are his favorite, I am now growing 4 different varieties for him in our garden. A friend of mine in CA (surrogate beardie slave) went hunting down the seeds for me and shipped them across the country. This little guy has us all wrapped around his tiny, dragon fingers. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The Salad Wars

Mommy - 1 Rocky - 0

Guess who decided to eat his salad this morning? He tried for 3 straight days to get Daddy to give him worms, but Mommy said no! Ha ha! This ain't my first rodeo, Rocky. :lol:

**update...after eating his salad, he took a giant poop and then lay in it. Which meant he needed a bath and a clean tank. So much for a quiet morning at home. :angry5:

I'm thinking that maybe he won the Salad War after all. :banghead:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Don't they always find a way to let us know who's really the boss? :lol:

And they seem to know that you can get away with just about anything if you're cute enough. :laughing6:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2cqmygce said:
Don't they always find a way to let us know who's really the boss? :lol:

And they seem to know that you can get away with just about anything if you're cute enough. :laughing6:

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. :)

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny he throws his salad everywhere when he doesn't like it! My girls will just ignore it if they don't want it, but they are really good at eating it actually, I'm lucky :lol: Norberta will occasionally try to slide through her salad bowl and then its thrown all the way across the tank somehow. :roll:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
He's so good at looking cute and cozy. :love5:

So was there a "special occasion" for the "slumber party"?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":qjvam7h7 said:
He's so good at looking cute and cozy. :love5:

So was there a "special occasion" for the "slumber party"?

Daddy was out of town and mommy wasn't feeling well. Rocky to the rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom