Broly the new super saiyan beardie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I fell asleep too early and missed the new Dr. Who stuff last night. Oh well. Will have to catch the reruns. I haven't seen that new Harry Potter movie yet either. My husband and I don't go to the movies anymore because we have NO budget for entertainment. :( --partly because his career got derailed a couple of years ago and is only partially back on track now, and partly because we spend too much $$ on the reptiles. :wink:

Our daytime temperatures are still in the high 40s, so it will be at least a couple of months before we can expect it to get warm enough to take the beardie outside. Our corn snake is a red albino, so he doesn't really appreciate too much sunlight -- tends to go looking for a warm dark place to hide, usually up my sleeve. Your low 60s with wind is probably still best enjoyed from the other side of a closed window. :)

Happy Easter to you and your family and all your critters too. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Omg we should totally watch it together! I would if I was in Alaska. I need to talk to Dr Who nerds as well. Dragon people get kinda...Idk. My dragon doesnt do much anymore but eat and bask. Our geckos seem to watch TV so does the BTS. Beardies dont care theyre not tv junkies like some on here. Oh well. Peter is leaving after this season!! Noooo I like him!

It was pretty good..Class seemed dark. Hope you see it soon I won't spoil anything.

Happy Easter to you and your reptiles!

The movie was on demand. Im not a fan of 1926 music but I tolerated it. Movie was set in 1926, New York. Cute despite the music. Not terrible music just I like metal music.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Eating and basking are favorite pastimes for most normal bearded dragons, so if your spends most of his time doing those things, at least you know he's probably reasonably healthy. Sometimes mine snuggles on my shoulder while I'm watching the news and half heartedly looks at the TV with one eye, but I suppose he tires quickly of all the human foolishness (crime, warfare, terrorism, politics, etc.) :wink: Not sure what he makes of Dr Who.

I may have gone a little off the deep end with the marathon last week, because one day I thought I heard something that sounded just like a TARDIS engine powering up. I don't know what I would have done if I'd seen a blue police call box pop up in my living room or somewhere out on the street. :lol: Could have been scared to death because if he's here it probably means the planet is about to be destroyed by Daleks or Cybermen or whatever, or I could have knocked on the door and asked for a "lift" (where to? -- if I could go anywhere and anywhen in the universe that I wanted, but it would have to be somewhere safe because I have NO sense of adventure in real life). Probably would have had to check myself into the local mental hospital, but maybe they would just tell me I overdid it and best to turn off the TV for a while. :roll:

It's still hard work for an actor to do a TV series even with all the high tech stuff they have for special effects nowadays, and even though a lot of shows seem to do shorter seasons than they used to. Even so, a lot of them still seem to get burned out after several seasons. Peter Capaldi isn't young either (he's almost my age :shock: ), and I guess that's what's going on with him (according to what I've "heard" via google). Some of them are also afraid that if they play the same role for too long, they'll get "type cast" and it will ruin their career (can't get a job playing anyone else). Peter Capaldi is one of my favorites too, but I freely admit that if I ever see him in anything else, as soon as I recognize him I probably won't be able to stop thinking of him as "The Doctor".

At least they don't seem to be talking about canceling the series again any time soon, but lot's of rumors flying around about who's going to play the next incarnation of the Doctor, and when and how it's going to happen.

Meanwhile, I have to try to make sure I don't let the TV wear me out so that I have no energy left over to help my husband take care of the critters at least a little bit. :oops: I tend to be especially exhausted after several hours of Dr Who, even if the fun is worth it. :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Aww, I know how that is being tired. Bug bins, cat boxes, feedings and clean ups..it's all exhausting. My dads bday he got a phone and asking everyone to go pokemon hunting..
Pokemon Go is a thing for him. We are then treating him to lunch and Dairy Queen for ice cream..it's what he wants. Tom is taking a day off of studying to go do this he loves my dad.

I had a dream the Doctor was in my yard..sadly woke up with just a normal day. I understand its scary if hes here looking for a companion to be with. I would end up missing my critters if I had a chance to go.

True Peter is almost 60 or so. I know Christopher Eccleston left if I remember right. He didnt want to be type cast..if I see anyone who was the Doctor in another show hes Doctor.
Peter is still a favorite. Im excited to number 13 though. There's rumors about whos 13.

Broly I think likes Doctor Who. My old dragon, Vash (nickname Vashta Narada) loved Dr Who and horror movies.
Hed watch TV when he was warmed up. TV junkie there...Broly is cute without that part of his personality. Hes just an eater and basker instead.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like your dad is young at heart. :D And it's good that Tom gets along with him so well. My husband and I have been lucky enough to have good relationships with just about all of our inlaws, and that's nice if you can manage it, even though there are some pretty crazy things going on in some parts of my sisters' families. When we were engaged and he started finding out about all that, I asked him several times if he was sure he wanted to be a member of this family, and he would usually say yes because he seems to recognize that they're all good people even though they sometimes make some bad choices. :(

I don't ask him that question anymore. He's stuck with us now. :roll:

I've seen stuff on the news about people chasing Pokemons out into the street or wherever without looking where they're going in the real world. :shock: Hopefully your dad has more sense than that and he'll be able to stay safe with it.

Christopher Eccleston could probably have gotten away with playing The Doctor for another season or two without being type cast, at least as far as I'm concerned. He never did quite seem like the Doctor type to me, and I barely recognize him now, but maybe that's just because it's been a while since I've seen any of the episodes with him in them. As I recall, he did a pretty good job.

Peter Capaldi is right up there with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker as one of my all time favorites. But if he's burned out, I'd rather see him quit doing it than keep trying if his heart's not in it anymore. I suppose the writers will arrange for him to go out in some sort of a blaze of glory. :cry:

I often wonder what my beardie really makes of TV and how he perceives it. He sometimes seems mildly interested but I'm not really sure if he recognizes the images as people or anything else he's familiar with in the real world, or if it's just light and sound and color and shapes and motion to him. If that's the case, then something like Dr Who could probably be more interesting to him than something with mostly talking heads, because it typically has a lot more motion, as well as more varied noises, and brighter lights and colors sometimes. I'd love to be able to get inside his little reptile mind just long enough to see how he perceives the world, what color ultraviolet light looks like to him, etc. Where's one of those telepathic alien species when you need one? :lol: :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

My dad is pretty safe. We kinda have to tell him to watch and he will. My mother makes sure of it.

I recently found out Broly likes monster trucks. Kane does too. Our tokay likes nascar. The leos dont care, they usually sleep till night. We watch tv at night so I have a tv buddy. Gargoyle seems to watch Dr Who. BTS dont care about anything but eating and basking.

I saw an interview and Peter said he didnt want to end up hating the role and wants to get out before he hates the Dr. Tom lasted a good 7 years before he left. I understand I rather see Peter go before he hates it. I believe Pertwee left because his friend who was playing the master in the show died in a car accident. He felt sad after hearing the news of him and wanted to leave.

Broly loves butternut squash! Hes not a fan of greens but will take them too. Kane loves mint, he'll eat that plant every day if he wants. Theyll eat their salads without the special mint treat. They like mint and canned pumpkin.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Most wives are pretty good at trying to keep their husbands safe (like your mom), but most husbands aren't very good at going along with it. My husband gently reminds me when I've gone too far by saying "Yes, Mommy." :oops:

So today I discovered that BBC America has a website and I can watch the new Dr Who episodes over the internet if I can't stay awake late enough to see them on Saturday nights :blob5: :blob8: Guess how I spent the afternoon :roll: Gave "Class" a try too, and I agree with you that it's kind of "dark" (especially when the "bad guys" take the form of shadows. :wink:) It looked to me like The Doctor just put in an appearance to introduce everything in the first episode, but I have a feeling he's probably not going to have much of a role in future ones, although I could be wrong. I plan to watch a few more episodes and see how it goes, as well as the 10th season of the Dr Who series, of course. Puff spent the first episode cuddling on my shoulder and turned a fairly happy color, but I don't think he was particularly impressed with the TV show -- he probably just likes having a big warm soft mammalian body to snuggle up to. (Fat is softer than muscle and this particular mammal has an exceptionally high fat to muscle ratio :mrgreen: ).

My beardie used to like squash but not so much anymore. Mint is a new one on me -- I had to look it up and I found out it's okay for them to eat, but I would have thought the flavor would be too strong for them. I'm surprised they like it. Might have to see if I can get some for Puff to try. We used to have mint growing in our yard but it seems to have either grown itself out or failed to compete with the weeds. You're lucky you beardies like pumpkin too -- I've heard that's a good thing for them if they ever get constipated.

I've got some Repashy Grub Pie on order. If Puff likes it, that will be a good thing to keep around so he won't have to go hungry just in case we ever get into a situation where we can't get live bugs and/or fresh greens for a while. He doesn't recognize the dry kibbles as food, so I've been feeding them to the crickets. :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thats true wives keep an eye on husbands.
Mint is pretty good, my beardies like it.

So Broly used the bathroom...runny even urate was too. Smell was normal and first time in a long time since. As a baby/juvie, he'd have runny stool every month one time. It's been a while since hes grown up, he had this problem every few months. He can't hold a lot of water even pumpkin caused runny. I'll be watching though Im fairly certain it's either water or pumpkin. It will resolve soon. I gently rubbed his shed on his leg. No resistance and it came off easily. Hes acting normal no black beard or lethargic behavior. I think his stomach might have been upset or water or pumpkin...lots of possibilities here. Hes not feeling too terrible then since he wanted to go outside. Warm...FINALLY!!! Unfortunately rain/wind coming back...grrrr!!! Winter never wants to go and sooo quick to return after summer....we don't have fall really...starts to get cold...
For information...Broly has problems holding lots of water unlike other beardies. His kidneys dont process well but they are functioning properly at least. His liver is doing ok. It's a kidney issue but not life threatening...hopefully never is when hes older.

I love Class Im a horror movie fan so dark shows work for me. Love Dr Who much...have a poster of all 11 of them..will find a Capaldi one day. I have a Dr Who blanket and my travel bag is Dr Who.

Would love to have the website...my laptop is virus infected and in process of cleaning it. My phone isn't the best to watch it on LOL. Lucky I can stay up passed 7pm.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I've learned not to get too worried about some of the things that come out of a bearded dragon's rear end, as long as it's not blood, parasites, or some other obvious cause for concern. But if it's just a little watery sometimes, I figure it's probably not a major big deal, especially if they're not acting like they're sick otherwise. But in your case, if you know that Broly has issues with his kidneys, it's probably good to keep a pretty close eye on it.

When my dad lived in Oregon, he used to comment on how fast the weather could change. Anchorage is like that too. They say that if you don't like the weather here, all you have to do is wait a few minutes and it will change. :roll: We've had a run of nice sunny weather and daytime temperatures rising into the 50s, but still way too cold to take the beardie outside.

I'm not into the real hard core horror stuff with lots of blood and guts and violence, and it sometimes annoys me when they lump "Sci Fi" and "Horror" into the same genre. Even Dr Who goes a little too far for me sometimes, but I still like it because it makes me think, and that's what I really like about science fiction.

One of my favorite Dr Who scenes (for example) was the one when several of the "Ood" crowded around them saying "We must feed. We must feed," over and over, and they assumed the aliens meant to eat them (David Tennant as The Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose, if I remember correctly), and then they cut to a commercial, of course, just to keep the audience in suspense and make them sit through the ads so as not to miss anything :roll: ) and when they come back it turns out they have it backwards and the Ood want to feed them -- "Can we get you some refreshment?" or some such. That's my kind of science fiction. :D

My husband has a cleanup project to do on our newer computer too -- Annoying little intermittent problem that he believes is some sort of malware. He says it's probably going to take him about half a day to do it proper, number eleventy-umpteen on our to-do list for his upcoming "staycation". In the meantime, I'm limping along with this geriatric old computer than can barely keep up with the internet anymore, often with the beardie giving me The Look: "When are you going to turn of that stupid computer and pay some attention to me?" :wave:

Those little bitty phone screens aren't the best for watching TV shows. Hope you can get your computer fixed soon. Whenever you do, you can just google BBC America to find the website. If that doesn't work let me know and I can look up the URL. I've got it bookmarked on the other computer.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yes, April 17 was our vet appointment at the vet school. We decided to do a bloodwork, x ray and fecal. Fecal negative, blood shows liver and cal, vit and whatever else good. However kidneys..they are working perfectly but sometimes they dont process lots of water for some reason. We didn't bother treating because they don't have any infections. Tom's professor said just watch when he becomes a senior dragon. When he's like maybe 7 or 8 we could run into kidney problems but we can't take meds to prevent it. More harm than good at this point, nothing to treat for. He said it's possible but he may live without any problems. I cut out squash (for now) and pumpkin (no problems using the bathroom anyway) to see if it'll firm up. The school is a bit expensive to do a check up. It cost me $89 that includes fecal, blood and x ray. I did pick up bromelain too. That's a spring check up...I do fall check up too in case he brumates. He didn't this year. I go twice a year more if there's a problem.

I do remember that episode youre talking about. I miss Tennant already and Smith. Capaldi I'll miss him too. I hated Smith at first..then Capaldi. I ended up liking them.
I won't hate whoever 13 is so quick. I like creepy episodes..Vashta Nerada episodes scared the crap out of me. They animate skeletons! Daleks are cute without the shell LOL. They're like squids...

Side note:depression hit today..not as bad as compared to before times. Tomorrow Dr Who and Class I'll be up for it. Probably with my gargoyle gecko since the Leos won't be up till 8. Broly doesnt like out after 5p..Idk why. Kittens dont bother and the dogs are outside. Kane will come out till about 8..then hes done. Broly had mbd in his tail as I see waviness towards the end. It's been there since day1. It doesn't bother to touch the bump (too small vet said MBD related) or tail. MBD surviver!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's been 4 days. Im doing better now.

Broly didn't go on the 21st...so he went all weekend yesterday and today. It's just a mush pile now not runny but not formed either. He still looks good can't tell if he lost weight. It never smells more than normal. Obviously the water is clearing itself to a better level as he's already had a check up. I don't have another $89. Of course Tom can check at home but he's got less than a month. The end of his tail turning white now while the back of his head (starting between the eyes) to the base of his neck is dark. A shed going there. He still has hormones racing. I will see where Broly is at tomorrow weight wise. We don't have butternut but did give pumpkin to up his weight. Hopefully not too low.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi--
Busy weekend, and then I got depressed on Monday and didn't do anything except veg out in front of the TV with Dr Who and Star Trek, but not an unpleasant way to spend the day since I didn't have the energy to do anything else. Good thing my husband is willing to help take care of the critters.

Sorry to hear that depression is something we have in common. I wouldn't wish that on anyone else... :(

I don't think I've seen any of the Vashta Nerada episodes -- had to look it up. Sounds pretty spooky. I haven't seen them all -- something to look forward to in the next round of reruns. I found out today that BBC isn't letting you watch any more of the new episodes for free, just the first one to get you hooked. Oh well. If I can't stay awake on Saturday nights, I'll have to wait for reruns. :roll:

I love your opinion of Daleks. :lol: And I think they might even be "cute" with the "shell", just as long as you shrink them down to the size of a toy or a paperweight and deactivate their weaponry so they can't "ex-ter-min-ate!" anyone. Oooh -- I just thought of an idea for a new episode. Maybe I should write a screenplay... :wink:

I think the ones that horrify me the most are the stuff the Cybermen do to make more Cybermen. And the "weeping angels" creep me out pretty good too. Some of my favorites are the Silurians and, of course, the Ood.

It's nice that Tom has access to all those veterinary resources, especially since you have all those critters. It would probably be even more expensive otherwise, although it's never cheap.

So my beardie is sitting with his head on his thermometer and his eyes at half mast, zoning out and looking like someone let the air out of him. Sleepy day -- kind of cloudy. :sleepy2: But at least I'm feeling a little better than yesterday. It comes and goes...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ooh depression dang! I've been dealing with it since teen years. 14 most likely. Pulled a muscle in my lower back. Cat boxes and its 25 lb bag. Im not very strong so it hurts me!

I will however take a muscle relaxer. I still get up and wash dishes also put away...owww...

Tom took Kane to the vet...he got pretty black beard..diagnosed with a sprained left back leg..so we have anti inflammatory to help pain. He must've got his leg caught between his food dish and glass...I didn't notice him stuck. Sugar Kane isnt so sweet right now. He's mad that he had to see a doctor. He is feeling better though no more black beard. Broly may have to take gout meds to help him he doesn't have gout..but I guess it helps the kidneys...? I might be wrong. The loop of henley didnt develop like it should. Explains why kidneys work but don't absorb water. He said it developed incorrectly. So in the meantime...will let water run its course as he's having goopy bms. Not parasites..but because the loop. There's our problem and FREE of charge just this once..because we'd have problems with Broly lately. Water wise diarrhea like. Broly's already asleep, Kane is asleep too he got some non dairy yogurt for probiotics. He'll eat in the morning but that's it..he should eat 2-3x a day on bugs but he won't eat more than one time. He's 9 mos old it's critical he eats more. It can't be helped, I do try. Geckos are doing well clean bill for everyone. BTS is clean too. Broly and Kane are having problems but nothing too major.

I got a muscle relaxer so Im gettin sleepy. I'll reply tomorrow with more Dr Who stuff.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I think my depression probably started about the same time yours did -- a couple of years after puberty, but it wasn't diagnosed until I was in my mid 20s. Probably had something to do with hormones, except that if that was all it was it should have gone away with menopause -- no such luck. :(

It's been a long time since I've been able to lift a 25 lb sack of kitty litter. These days I'm under medical orders not to lift more than 15-20 lbs (prolapse) and my husband is not supposed to lift more than 50 lbs (osteoporosis), so we're getting to be a pretty sorry excuse for an able-bodied couple. :roll: But if Tom is still physically fit, maybe you should let him do the heavy lifting for you.

Puff is still on antibiotics for the suspected infection in his fingers -- for the rest of this week and next week, then has a follow up appointment in a few weeks after that. We are putting the meds on a few roaches every other day -- nothing wrong with his appetite. I get a kick out of the way he sometimes sticks his tongue out and expects the bugs to jump on -- quite the little klutz as a hunter, this one. I'm glad your critters seem to be doing ok even if not perfect, and it's nice that you have a vet handy.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thats true. I should go upstairs and ask Tom to clean the kitten's box. Hes able I just like him to study so hes a good vet to exotics. Lots of people would recommend him. Doesnt have to be well liked just liked enough.

I just fed the leos and eels. Broly's ready for bed as well as his brother, Kane. He ate twice today and the swelling is down. Water is now better as Broly's stools are tube shaped again. He also weighs 482g (5g lost from 2 weeks ago). Hes still healthy. Kane is 410g and seems to stabilize between 390-410 never higher since hitting 410. Hes already been checked hes clean. Kane had a full examination when he went for his leg. Fecal, blood and xrays all done. Fecal: negative, blood shows everything works and no elevations in blood cells. Xray showed good bone density and no breaks or fractures. Broly and Kane got a few apple pieces in their salad. They totally dug in.

Glad Puff will eat. Hope he gets better. I gotta wash up and take a muscle relaxer. It's getting better. My throat hurts again since no tonsils will have to check it out.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom