Swimming behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Spike got her morning bath this morning in the sink. Normally, she just sits there looking at me like I am crazy while I gently rub her back.

Today, she took off! She looked like she was doing the bearded dragon form of a doggy paddling. And I don't mean her was scratching at the side trying to climb out either. She was putting her mouth level with the water, and looked like she was actually swimming around, turning this way and that. She didn't have any stress marks or anything, just she usually does.

But, truth be told, the first time she put her head down, she scared the living day lights out of me. I thought she was trying to dunk herself or something, but the water was only to her elbows. I quickly put my hand under her when she put her head down, thinking something was wrong, but she avoided my hand and just kept swimming around. (I guess?) I have never actually seen her do it, but she did for a good 5 minutes or so and then set in the prettiest position I have ever seen, head held high, eyes closed, and aloud me to put little droplets onto her shoulders and upper back. She looked quite content, honestly.

Was I overreacting? Is that normal for a little dragon?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
My dragon LOVES to swim when he's in the big tub. He puts his head completely under and wiggles his body and kicks his feet. He always comes up for air after a lap or two. It's scary at first, but honestly I think he enjoys swimming!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep Peppa was doing the same 4 days ago when her had first ever bath , and she loved it, and gave us that great big poo we were hoping to get too.

I'm a spoil sport though as I was lifting the end of portable plastic baby bath that she pointed at with her head to keep her nose above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom