adult beardie calcium dusting amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
how often do you give an adult beardie calcium? are you supposed to dust 5 days a week like a baby beardie or cut back once an adult?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I alternate days with calcium and a multivitamin. That seems to work well for my dragon. That way, she's getting an even amount of both. Too much calcium can cause a painful-to-pass and chalky urate, but you don't want to do less than three days a week.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well his urate definitely isn't chalky. I'm just asking cause he's going through a phase of not eating too terribly much so it's hard to get him his calcium

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
You could get liquid calcium and syringe feed it to him, but I think you would need to get that from the vet. Another thing you could try, if he is preferring bugs, is putting calcium on some greens and feeding the greens to his feeder insects. Feed the nutrients to the feeders, and he will get them as well.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well he's just flat out refusing a lot of his food right now. I'll try mixing his calcium in with his feeders food like you recommended.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok let me clear this up. I started with crickets, he loved em. then moved to dubias, loved those too. then started giving suoerworms for treats. well he started refusing everything but suoerworms. I don't want him eating supers as a staple, so I'm refusing him supers right now. he's not wanting any other feeder besides supers and has never really liked his greens. he picks a little at them but that's it. so he's not refusing everything, but I'm working him off his supers

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Okay thanks for the clarification. I'm still wondering if there's something else going on aside from pickiness. So how long has it been since this all started? I ask because he may need to see a vet or have a fecal done to test for parasites.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
just the last 2 weeks at the most. all his stools look perfect, not running and everything divested, he's still very healthy looking. I guess I'll look up a repti vet and make an appt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom