*update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Still sick and getting worse

Postby eeaston16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 am

If he is this weak and has trouble raising his head you need to put him down. it isn't fair to him. i had to do it to my beardie this past week and he had similar symtoms to yours, turns out he was in septic shock.

the best option for him is to end his misery
Bearded Dragon lover, Also lover of every animal.
4 month old BD - Grimsby Magnus Mushu Bane The Thrid is his name
20 gallon home.
R.I.P Rue age was 6 weeks.
eeaston16
Newbie Poster

Postby Zombiepanda » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:55 pm

The vet won't be in again for two more weeks. She will retest her again though. But she's already been tested and cleared of an infection within this past week and these symptoms have been for nearly a month
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm

It could be something to do with vitamin B deficiency. Yes , the dragon is having trouble but no one can decide or recommend euthanasia for someone else's pet when there may be the possibility of treatment that can work on this young dragon. No need for the o.p to give up so quickly.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Zombiepanda » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Thank you :) and I have no intention of giving up on her. If she gets so bad off that she's suffering and in pain then will come the time to think further, but for now she is bright colored and has no black beard and isn't struggling to breath. She still has decent weight and when she does eat her poop looks exactly how it should. I check her temps several times per day and offer her food every chance I get. But there's just no way she's in sepsis, an infection would have shown up in the several tests that have been done at some point.
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Awe, I am so sorry your buddy's not doing well, hang in there Zombie! :( :(
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby diamc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I agree, can't give up on her without trying a few more things. If you've been dusting with calcium with D3 all this time and you're since you're using the HO bulb, may be worth it cutting back on the D3 a little and try to flush her system out by offering her drinks of water. If she won't drink just plain water, you could dilute some babyfood squash and see if she will lick if off her nose. Would definitely try the bee pollen though, may give her a boost.

Good luck and please keep us updated.
diamc

Postby Drache613 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello,

So sorry your girl is going through this!
Do you have a copy of the blood test that was recently done?
You mentioned that you were giving a lot supplementation with the use of a T5 HO light? Which are you using, the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia 12%?
This was a sudden onset or a gradual onset of symptoms?
I agree, for now, try flushing her system by using kale, parsley & cilantro blended up with cranberry juice. I wouldn't give any calcium or D3 for at least a week or so, maybe up to 2 weeks to try & clear out her system.
I hope she didn't have a stroke or get some type of injury. She hasn't fallen has she?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Zombiepanda » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 am

Thank you gormagon :)

Would you recommend vegetable or chicken/turkey babyfood?

I have the reptisun 10. These symptoms did start suddenly a way back when I thought she had that RI.te vet determined she had a scratched threat and clogged nose. Within three days of switching UVB she started a massive and really rough shed and this had been going on in one intensity or another ever since. I don't have a copy of the blood test but I'll try and get it. I'll go grab those and make a slurry for her!! Will update.
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 am

Zombiepanda wrote:Thank you gormagon :)

Would you recommend vegetable or chicken/turkey babyfood?

I have the reptisun 10. These symptoms did start suddenly a way back when I thought she had that RI.te vet determined she had a scratched threat and clogged nose. Within three days of switching UVB she started a massive and really rough shed and this had been going on in one intensity or another ever since. I don't have a copy of the blood test but I'll try and get it. I'll go grab those and make a slurry for her!! Will update.

Just out of curiosity, how close is she to the UVB light? If it is a t5 she needs to be at least 12" away from it if it is unobstructed.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Zombiepanda » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am

She's 13-9" depending on floor versus up on her hide.
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 am

Zombiepanda wrote:She's 13-9" depending on floor versus up on her hide.

Any obstructions aka....screen top ECT?
Not saying this is it but, like you I am grasping at straws. I just hope it is found soon.
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Zombiepanda » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:51 am

It's ok, I'm in the same boat! I'm hoping it's too much d3. Simple-ish fix. Nope it's mounted inside. She has a hide but rarely goes inside.

I did get her to eat a couple licks of baby food and about 4cc of that kale smoothie. She bit me once but I was determined to make her eat at least some.
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Postby Zombiepanda » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that Maggie passed away today... I appreciate everyone's advice and help from day one til today.
Zombiepanda
Juvie Poster

Re: *update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

Postby Terry15 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:21 pm

So sorry that Maggie passed. RIP. They are so easy to fall in love with. This a such a good website to get info for beardies.
Terry15
Juvie Poster

Re: *update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

Postby AHBD » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Oh my, I'm so, so sorry you lost your girl. I know how much you loved her....all my sympathy to you. :(
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie ER