*update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeaston16

If he is this weak and has trouble raising his head you need to put him down. it isn't fair to him. i had to do it to my beardie this past week and he had similar symtoms to yours, turns out he was in septic shock.

the best option for him is to end his misery

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The vet won't be in again for two more weeks. She will retest her again though. But she's already been tested and cleared of an infection within this past week and these symptoms have been for nearly a month

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It could be something to do with vitamin B deficiency. Yes , the dragon is having trouble but no one can decide or recommend euthanasia for someone else's pet when there may be the possibility of treatment that can work on this young dragon. No need for the o.p to give up so quickly.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you :) and I have no intention of giving up on her. If she gets so bad off that she's suffering and in pain then will come the time to think further, but for now she is bright colored and has no black beard and isn't struggling to breath. She still has decent weight and when she does eat her poop looks exactly how it should. I check her temps several times per day and offer her food every chance I get. But there's just no way she's in sepsis, an infection would have shown up in the several tests that have been done at some point.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, can't give up on her without trying a few more things. If you've been dusting with calcium with D3 all this time and you're since you're using the HO bulb, may be worth it cutting back on the D3 a little and try to flush her system out by offering her drinks of water. If she won't drink just plain water, you could dilute some babyfood squash and see if she will lick if off her nose. Would definitely try the bee pollen though, may give her a boost.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your girl is going through this!
Do you have a copy of the blood test that was recently done?
You mentioned that you were giving a lot supplementation with the use of a T5 HO light? Which are you using, the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia 12%?
This was a sudden onset or a gradual onset of symptoms?
I agree, for now, try flushing her system by using kale, parsley & cilantro blended up with cranberry juice. I wouldn't give any calcium or D3 for at least a week or so, maybe up to 2 weeks to try & clear out her system.
I hope she didn't have a stroke or get some type of injury. She hasn't fallen has she?

Tracie

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you gormagon :)

Would you recommend vegetable or chicken/turkey babyfood?

I have the reptisun 10. These symptoms did start suddenly a way back when I thought she had that RI.te vet determined she had a scratched threat and clogged nose. Within three days of switching UVB she started a massive and really rough shed and this had been going on in one intensity or another ever since. I don't have a copy of the blood test but I'll try and get it. I'll go grab those and make a slurry for her!! Will update.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Zombiepanda":2gt1wb6n said:
Thank you gormagon :)

Would you recommend vegetable or chicken/turkey babyfood?

I have the reptisun 10. These symptoms did start suddenly a way back when I thought she had that RI.te vet determined she had a scratched threat and clogged nose. Within three days of switching UVB she started a massive and really rough shed and this had been going on in one intensity or another ever since. I don't have a copy of the blood test but I'll try and get it. I'll go grab those and make a slurry for her!! Will update.
Just out of curiosity, how close is she to the UVB light? If it is a t5 she needs to be at least 12" away from it if it is unobstructed.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Zombiepanda":8rekrmm0 said:
She's 13-9" depending on floor versus up on her hide.
Any obstructions aka....screen top ECT?
Not saying this is it but, like you I am grasping at straws. I just hope it is found soon.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's ok, I'm in the same boat! I'm hoping it's too much d3. Simple-ish fix. Nope it's mounted inside. She has a hide but rarely goes inside.

I did get her to eat a couple licks of baby food and about 4cc of that kale smoothie. She bit me once but I was determined to make her eat at least some.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to let you guys know that Maggie passed away today... I appreciate everyone's advice and help from day one til today.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
So sorry that Maggie passed. RIP. They are so easy to fall in love with. This a such a good website to get info for beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh my, I'm so, so sorry you lost your girl. I know how much you loved her....all my sympathy to you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom