Shedding info for Newbies

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Super cute pics, and holy crap I'm stickied! Wish I had taken some better photos now :lol: I'll edit the original post to include some better information shortly to make it more substantial

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
SHBailey":3k4imzcz said:
Loki almost looks like a dragon with wings. That tops Puff's toga. :lol:

He's got ring around the tail right now. I'm going to have to make sure it comes off before it turns into a tourniquet. :roll:

Haha, he does! I hate when there is that little ring, Loki has one now...extra baths for him!

Thx for sharing..our Zelda girl is shedding too.first time was part of her tail and now about a month later she shedding part of her legs and top of her head.kinda knarly to see.her tank has her shed in it,I need to clean it today.she's pampered tho,gave her a warm bath just a couple days ago.plus our order finally came so she's full of black fly larva,couple superworms and she loves her dubia roaches.she just basking all google eyed.she likes to cuddle,just the other night she just nestled on top of my head.heat comes from top of our heads,right.?our Zelda doesn't have an attitude yet but by looks of the one beardie's back shedding off,poor thing.I'd be grumpy too.never thought could fall so much for a reptile but yeah..they are characters.
91005-7343064905.jpg

Volt

Noot had been getting kinda frosty-looking for a while, and finally yesterday I came home to this

Awjkfrol.jpg

Plus a ton of flaky bits on the tank floor!

Scribblesowner

traildrifterphalanx":1lka27di said:
Hey all,
While being a member of this forum for a few months I've seen quite a few posts concerned for their dragons that turned out to be shed. While holding Richter tonight, I noticed he is shedding basically all his extremities to various degrees and thought maybe some visuals would help those starting out. Below are some photos of sheds in progress with flash and no flash.

It's worth noting dragons shed in patches, not full body like a snake. This may be small patches, large patches, or even full body pieces at a time.

89300-8237678618.jpg
89300-8342497828.jpg
Foot shed, in patches. Almost completed!

89300-8339289124.jpg
89300-5254931082.jpg
Hand shed, in patches. Just starting

89300-799546941.jpg
89300-110958475.jpg
Tail shed, just the end. Just about done

89300-1992940158.jpg
Head shed, no flash on this one because I didn't want to blind him. Shed is complete and shiny, should be popping off any day now.

Here are some older photos of the same dragon, showing how different their sheds can be

89300-2075879528.jpg
89300-681315004.jpg
89300-9594043865.jpg
89300-5110890050.jpg
89300-550828218.jpg
89300-9375773835.jpg

I am unsure how helpful this would be to anyone, feel free to add your own shed photos as a resource.

Enjoy the dragons, all!
help me

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Our beardie is usually pretty sloppy about the way he sheds on his tail too -- always in patches and never all at once.

Tail and toe sheds need to be watched carefully to make sure that the shedding skin doesn't turn into a tourniquet and cut off the circulation. It helps to keep the skin moist (soak in warm water) so it doesn't get hard and dry.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
perlaarzola14":nimnkqr6 said:
Steve sheds in 3 parts :) head, tail and whole body including legs and hands.
92026-5105847693.jpg

I love his onesie!

And yes, Richter have a very noticeable third eye. He's always watching... :|

I have no recent shed examples :(

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom