Buying a t5 light fitting in Australia??

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
I want to get a reptisun t5 10.00 for my tank (the one that came with it is only a t8 5.0, and some unheard of brand). The only thing is, I can't find a fitting anywhere! The smallest t5 fitting I can find is 120cm, which is too big (that's the entire length of my viv!). I can't use the zoomed one because I need one that attaches to the wooden top of my viv (and it's super pricey). The current one looks like it just screws in.
Any ideas? Bunnings doesn't have any online, it's quite a way away but I could make the trip if I had to. Not really sure where else I could find one

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3ji2zytj said:
Oops, sorry, maybe I wasn't very clear...
I can't use the zoomed one (or any hood, really) because the top of my viv is wooden, not a screen. The fitting that's in there at the moment looks like it's been screwed into the top. I'm looking for something like that, but a t5.

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3aujkmfd said:
Mine is wooden too and I use one just like that.
How do you attach it to the top?

Also, I just took a look, Dr Foster won't ship to Australia. The only place I seem to be able to get them from is amazing amazon, but I can't say I want to fork out $130 for a fitting (and then I have to buy the bulb on top of that, which from memory is more than $50 from them), unless it's absolutely the only way.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom