Bearded dragon fell off my shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was carrying Cloe back to her cage and she hopped off my shoulder onto the floor I am 5'7, it made a loud thump when she did. What should I take caution of to make sure she's not hurt?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's the danger of carrying them up high. They think they can fly sometimes. What kind of flooring did she land on? If it's something soft like carpet it should be OK. Keep an eye out for limping, black beard, lethargic behavior and blood in the poop which could indicate internal bleeding. If you don't see any of those signs after a few days then she's probably OK.

Whitneyhight001

Original Poster
CooperDragon":d7atzki5 said:
That's the danger of carrying them up high. They think they can fly sometimes. What kind of flooring did she land on? If it's something soft like carpet it should be OK. Keep an eye out for limping, black beard, lethargic behavior and blood in the poop which could indicate internal bleeding. If you don't see any of those signs after a few days then she's probably OK.

She fell on the carpet.. the floors are hollow sounding with anything. She was crawling down my leg and that's when she fell off. So it may have not been as high as I thought. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom