Boring Decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivi_ends013

Beardie name(s)
King Julien
I've got a pretty energetic dragon and he loves to explore. I do have him out as much as I can, but can't ALWAYS have him out, for obvious reasons. He has his basic needs covered in his home, and has a mini tree to climb to the top of
..he gets bored after a few minutes and goes to sleep. I know if he had more to do, he wouldn't go to sleep. I'm not creative at all and I don't know how to decorate his tank or what to add so that he can have more fun. He loves to climb and explore and I have a large tank (not sure of exact size at the moment but its alost two times bigger than a 40 tank) could you give me some idea with what to do for him or just show me some pictures of how you have your dragons set up? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They tend to like to bask and be lazy when in the tank a lot of the time but it's good that you want to add enrichment. Try building levels to climb around and hide in. I use flat driftwood stacked up to create some nice basking spots and slightly different levels. You could also install a photo background of a natural landscape that might make things interesting. Keeping the tank in a busy room of the house is also a good idea so they can keep an eye on all of the activity. Here is a photo of my tank for reference. It's not great but might help give you some ideas.

76248-8383156387.jpg

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
CooperDragon":og8cwrcs said:
They tend to like to bask and be lazy when in the tank a lot of the time but it's good that you want to add enrichment. Try building levels to climb around and hide in. I use flat driftwood stacked up to create some nice basking spots and slightly different levels. You could also install a photo background of a natural landscape that might make things interesting. Keeping the tank in a busy room of the house is also a good idea so they can keep an eye on all of the activity. Here is a photo of my tank for reference. It's not great but might help give you some ideas.

76248-8383156387.jpg

Thanks, I like the photo back ground idea!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
During the cold months it is really hard to let her out like I want to but, I try to give her as much to do in her "dragon's lair" :roll: ! Visual stimulation and physical are important to dragons. So I have tried to create as much climbing, hiding, lounging and varied temperature gradient places as possible.

87978-230199369.jpg

This was all done over time.
8' of aquarium roll out background (desert scene)
Climbing tree
Big basking log (driftwood picked up at the river)
Hammock covered with fleece
Rock cave thing
Cactus
Several fake grass plants scattered about
Lounging cliff made from barn wood
Floor tile (8-12x12 pieces)
2 repti-carpet mats on the ends
And her handmade mattress that she likes basking on.

My wife thinks I spoil her but I don't, lol!

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Gormagon":1r2wa0fh said:
During the cold months it is really hard to let her out like I want to but, I try to give her as much to do in her "dragon's lair" :roll: ! Visual stimulation and physical are important to dragons. So I have tried to create as much climbing, hiding, lounging and varied temperature gradient places as possible.

87978-230199369.jpg

This was all done over time.
8' of aquarium roll out background (desert scene)
Climbing tree
Big basking log (driftwood picked up at the river)
Hammock covered with fleece
Rock cave thing
Cactus
Several fake grass plants scattered about
Lounging cliff made from barn wood
Floor tile (8-12x12 pieces)
2 repti-carpet mats on the ends
And her handmade mattress that she likes basking on.

My wife thinks I spoil her but I don't, lol!

That is a neat set up you've got. She must be a very happy dragon!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She seems happy but, who knows, lol! I do this to keep her from setting fire to the place :shock: , lmao!

vivi_ends013

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
King Julien
Yes. when its warm enough, I take Julien to an abandoned parking lot so that he can roam freely quite a ways. Other wise, I raise the window and let him chill on the windowsill or let him bask in the breeze way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom