Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Where are you located ? Some breeders ship to Canada , Germany [ for the Hamm reptile show ] as well as a few other countries.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I suggest you focus your search for beardie breeders IN YOUR COUNTRY ONLY , this way you have lower risks of being nasty deseases into your country.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Import fees would probably be pretty high for a single bearded dragon. There are probably a lot of bearded dragon breeders in Mexico. I would search for one there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know of any breeders with websites there....a country like Mexico that has a lot of native lizards may not have any demand for beardies. But I agree that it would be very expensive to have one shipped, and may not even be legal .

marijocardenasc

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2isqdtxb said:
I suggest you focus your search for beardie breeders IN YOUR COUNTRY ONLY , this way you have lower risks of being nasty deseases into your country.
Yes the problem here is that there are many illegal breeders and people say that the breeder I found sends ill animals so that is why I want to avoid getting it from there. Some other breeders facilities look nasty and not clean. My only recourse is my breeder and Petco, which do not convince me. There may be a breeder hiding in there but I need to look for it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So there are breeders there ? Do you know of any that have websites ? Do you mean that iut's illegal to breed them or just that they don't have a license ? And can you ask your Petco who they get their beardies from ? If you have to get one from out of the country, maybe look for breeders in the neighboring states.

marijocardenasc

Original Poster
AHBD":2osstpn5 said:
So there are breeders there ? Do you know of any that have websites ? Do you mean that iut's illegal to breed them or just that they don't have a license ? And can you ask your Petco who they get their beardies from ? If you have to get one from out of the country, maybe look for breeders in the neighboring states.
I only know JD reptiles that has a website which is the breeder that a person told me they sell ill reptiles, which I do not know if it is true. By illegal I mean they do not have the permission to breed them. I will ask my nearest Petco about it but I hate how they house them (in sand, heat rocks, maybe not proper lighting since the information they provide for the future owners is wrong).

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
A lot of people get their bearded dragons from Petco and do fine with them. One thing you might be able to do is ask when they are getting a new shipment in and purchase it the same day it arrives. It prevents the dragon from being in the shop long. It doesn't guarantee that the breeding facility took good care of them...
Probably be the only time anyone will hear me recommend Petco though.

marijocardenasc

Original Poster
Rankins":n2dbmnm9 said:
A lot of people get their bearded dragons from Petco and do fine with them. One thing you might be able to do is ask when they are getting a new shipment in and purchase it the same day it arrives. It prevents the dragon from being in the shop long. It doesn't guarantee that the breeding facility took good care of them...
Probably be the only time anyone will hear me recommend Petco though.
Well I will ask them that and check everything at Petco to see if the dragons look healthy there. Thanks for the recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom