Blood In Stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

EStarstruck

Hello there. I have a 7 month old bearded dragon who I'm pretty sure is female (not really sure yet.)

2 days ago I was giving her a bath and she jumped out of my hands at about waist height (she crawled down my arm in a hurry and just jumped for it) and landed on her belly on my tile floor. She seemed okay but didn't really want to eat anything that day or the next day (Yesterday). Yesterday evening I went to a friend's house and when I came back this afternoon there was bloody stool. I had left some food in there around 12 pm (which was when I left) and right before I left I put some food in her dish (spaghetti squash and collard greens). When I came back there was blood in her stool. It was dried up but I could tell it was obviously bloody. Below is a link to the picture to avoid grossing out anyone who doesn't wanna see that.

http://i.imgur.com/vK4Uoj3.jpg

I've been feeding her medium-small dubias and spaghetti squash and collard greens. The collard greens + spaghetti squash are kept in the freezer and have like a bit of ice crystals on them which melt so I know she's definitely getting enough water there, plus she drinks from her water bowl and when I bathe her (sometimes, not every bath.). I'm very concerned about her health and I'm worried its the fall. She is hungry and seems fine and active now.

Her temps are about 110-115 and on the cool side 75-80. She has a Reptisun T5 bulb (the long one) and her heat lamps are brand new along with the UVB bulb which is about 2 months old. She was on paper towel for a bit but none of it has been eaten so I'm not concerned about that (she seems to know better :lol: ). Here's pictures of her:
NQjcHmg.jpg

PKLfVFw.jpg
(her head was shedding in this one so that's why she's super pale!)

I can't get to the vet until tomorrow (fri march 24) (worst case Monday 27). So I'm making this post to see what you guys have to offer.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's worth keeping an eye on but a waist high fall isn't usually a huge deal unless they land in an odd way. It's likely she would show limping or slower behavior if she injured a limb and if she hurt herself internally she would probably act lethargic and show a black beard. The blood in the stool is definitely something to keep an eye on because it could indicate internal bleeding but it could also just be from straining to poop. If you continue to see blood in her poop I'd visit a vet to check for internal bleeding but with just one sample it may be coincidence, especially if she is alert and active.

EStarstruck

Original Poster
CooperDragon":n38xsp8t said:
It's worth keeping an eye on but a waist high fall isn't usually a huge deal unless they land in an odd way. It's likely she would show limping or slower behavior if she injured a limb and if she hurt herself internally she would probably act lethargic and show a black beard. The blood in the stool is definitely something to keep an eye on because it could indicate internal bleeding but it could also just be from straining to poop. If you continue to see blood in her poop I'd visit a vet to check for internal bleeding but with just one sample it may be coincidence, especially if she is alert and active.

thank you so much for your reply! I'm a very worried beardie parent since she's my first! She's eating now (very excitedly, I think she was hungry after not eating for a bit!). She's back to her jumpy finger licking self so I think she'll be okay. If I see more blood in the stool I'll definitely get her to the vet. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom