GOOD WEBSITES TO BUY LOGS/CAVES/FLOORING/FOOD FOR BEARDIES?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

GOOD WEBSITES TO BUY LOGS/CAVES/FLOORING/FOOD FOR BEARDIES?

Postby queenbeardie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:10 pm

I have a 13 oz, that's around a year old and is about 2 ft, bearded dragon, and her name is Mia.
Mia used to have this rock cave, that she liked, and whenever it was her bedtime, she would crawl into the cave and sleep their right until it was time to wake up again.

But Mia is too big to fit in it anymore...

I want to buy her a new rock cave that she can crawl in, but I haven't come across any items that would work and be comfortable for her size, and like all other beardies, Mia has a tiny body and a longer tail.

Does anyone know any websites that I could go on to buy her these things?

I'm also interested in getting her a bigger log, because UGH she grew out of her log too. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'm also looking for carpet to put at the bottom of her terrarium so she can easily walk around more.

SO BASICALLY IF NO ONE WANTS TO READ THAT HERE IS A MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD AND SUMMARY OUT OF ALL OF THAT ^

WHAT WEBSITES- What websites do you guys go to, to buy; logs, rock caves/reg. caves, ladders (or things beardies can climb on), carpet, FOOD, coupon sites (to save money lol :lol: )

IF YOU REPLY TYSM I VERY DO APPRECIATE IT
queenbeardie
Newbie Poster

Re: GOOD WEBSITES TO BUY LOGS/CAVES/FLOORING/FOOD FOR BEARDI

Postby MostBeast » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:38 pm

petmountain.com
MostBeast
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 pm

I get some things on Amazon. I'd try one of the XL sized habba huts for a bask/cave site. I also use driftwood or flat branches from outside for basking areas. I got my flooring (ceramic tile) at Lowe's. I get black soldier fly larvae from Symtons and silk worms from Coastal Silk Worms. I used to get crickets from Georgia Crickets but I use dubia roaches now. I got my starters for my colony from ABDragons.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby queenbeardie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Thank you so much
queenbeardie
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Same issue with my Peppa and Toothless (he got himself stuck/well and truly jammed under his old fake half log hide yesterday while trying to do a U-turn under there).

I''ve recently upgrade Peppa from her same size hide to a Jumbo sized Zoomed HubbaHut.
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/Entry ... I6IjE3Ijt9

Rex my 5 yr old girl has had her's for about 3 years and loves it. Spends most her time either ontop basking, or underneath having an afternoon siesta , or ontop after our diner to watch TV and sleep on warmer nights.
Peppa loved her's from the moment she got it.
I've ordered in a new one for Toothless.

Very spacious, solid and lots of head clearance and plenty of room for even Peppa (590g) and Rex (660g) to curl up underneath.
CBDs: Puff ( RIP 10Dec2015 (3.2 years old (aneurism)) ,Rex (RIP 16Mar2017 at 4.6 yrs old (unexplained death)) , both adopted at 6wks old..Toothless & Peppa : (5 wks old 19dec2015).
Eastern BT Skinks : George & Mildred (born Sept 2010).
Eastern Water Skinks : Lucky (wild juvenile), rescued from a cat.Taken by a SI and far too soon, 9mths with us. RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles - (rescued injured), small lizard thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016.)
kingofnobbys
Extreme Poster

Postby Kickez » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:21 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:I''ve recently upgrade Peppa from her same size hide to a Jumbo sized Zoomed HubbaHut.

Rex my 5 yr old girl has had her's for about 3 years and loves it.

The description says it's made from fir, isn't that a type of pine? Reason I ask is I have one too, not realizing it was fir until I read the description just now and my lil'girl has been acting lethargic and I'm wondering if I've inadvertently poisoned her?!?!? But I do see that you been using for 3 years, I'm so confused.
Kickez
Newbie Poster

Postby SpikeTheLizard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi-

i am also having this problem. Spikey has a "Petco Desert Cave Reptile Hideaway". Dimensions are 10x8x5. The opening is 3x2.5. is there anything somewhere that looks similar? She loves her rock and probably wants something that resembles her beloved rock
SpikeTheLizard
Newbie Poster

Postby marijocardenasc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Kickez wrote:
kingofnobbys wrote:I''ve recently upgrade Peppa from her same size hide to a Jumbo sized Zoomed HubbaHut.

Rex my 5 yr old girl has had her's for about 3 years and loves it.

The description says it's made from fir, isn't that a type of pine? Reason I ask is I have one too, not realizing it was fir until I read the description just now and my lil'girl has been acting lethargic and I'm wondering if I've inadvertently poisoned her?!?!? But I do see that you been using for 3 years, I'm so confused.

I din´t noticed that until you said it. Do you know another alternative to this cause I do not want my beard to get sick because of the log.
marijocardenasc
Newbie Poster

Return to General Discussion