beds

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

beds

Postby thetruechina » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I would like some ideas on a bed for my beardie? Any help would be appreciated.
thetruechina
Newbie Poster

Re: beds

Postby Gormagon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:29 am

I made a mattress for my dragon out of a fleece blanket. I just cut a piece out wide enough for her body and added two inches and 24" long . Then folded the long part in half and sewed up the sides. The I stuffed it with that white cotton looking pillow stuffing to the desired thickness, then sewed up the end. I then cut out a blanket to cover her with when I tuck her in at night.[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby thetruechina » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 am

thats a really cool idea
thetruechina
Newbie Poster

Postby wolfeman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:47 pm

Same here... Fleece folded up to make about 4"x 8" and 1 inch thick... I remove every morning after I turn his lights on and is basking....
wolfeman
Newbie Poster

Postby JessPets » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:37 am

Gormagon wrote:I made a mattress for my dragon out of a fleece blanket. I just cut a piece out wide enough for her body and added two inches and 24" long . Then folded the long part in half and sewed up the sides. The I stuffed it with that white cotton looking pillow stuffing to the desired thickness, then sewed up the end. I then cut out a blanket to cover her with when I tuck her in at night.[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Haha, that is so cute!! I'm sure Peaches loves it!
[Click image to enlarge]
JessPets
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 am

JessPets wrote:
Gormagon wrote:I made a mattress for my dragon out of a fleece blanket. I just cut a piece out wide enough for her body and added two inches and 24" long . Then folded the long part in half and sewed up the sides. The I stuffed it with that white cotton looking pillow stuffing to the desired thickness, then sewed up the end. I then cut out a blanket to cover her with when I tuck her in at night.[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Haha, that is so cute!! I'm sure Peaches loves it!

Ya, she gets mad if I take it out, it her basking lounge chair, lol!
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Return to Enclosures