What is this? Please help.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

What is this? Please help.

Postby xlunaticx » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 am

[Click image to enlarge]

So my beardie always had a normal poop. But for the last week it changed, he's still eating the same. What does this mean? Please help.
xlunaticx
Newbie Poster

Re: What is this? Please help.

Postby YoursTruly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 am

Could there be anything causing him stress? Have you changed anything about his viv, food, etc?

The only thing I can think of aside from that would be parasites. I would take a fresh poo (or refridgerated day-old poo) in to a vet to have a fecal done. They will test for parasites.
YoursTruly
Juvie Poster

Postby xlunaticx » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

I wouldn't know anything about stress. He's been eating the same and everything is the same.. I'm woried that this is parasites too..
xlunaticx
Newbie Poster

Postby YoursTruly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 am

Stress in a beardie can occur if anything about their housing, routine, lighting, daylight schedule, or food is changed. It's pretty common and will subside soon.

I would be proactive and take in a poo sample to a vet. If he tests positive for parasites, they will give you a course of deworming medication. You will want to order a probiotic to give your dragon as well, to help maintain the good bacteria in his gut. Here is where I get mine:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Acid.html
YoursTruly
Juvie Poster

Return to Beardie ER