Petco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petco makes me so mad me when I see how they are keeping their bearded dragons ok sand being fed mealworms don't look healthy at all I just makes me feel so bad for them

joef

Hatchling Member
Yes, that is why I don't really like pet stores. What you could do is confront them about it and try to get them to change it. If nothing else, you can report the store.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the first step is to ask the employees about it and make constructive suggestions. Perhaps they can improve things using what they have on hand. Mistreatment isn't necessarily intentional and it's in their best interest to keep a healthy stock. They lose money when their dragons are too sick to sell or die before they can be sold.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Be tactful, I was banned from a Petco because I wasn't. It was a long time ago...I'm no longer on their radar.

Vandy

I bought my dragon from petco ( never would have if I knew what I do now about petco and petsmart) but he was 30$ just a normal and they had all the dragons on sand with some horrible looking salad and most of the dragons were pretty skinny so I guess you can say I rescued my guy . I actually refuse to purchase anything from petco or petsmart now it's either internet or local mom and pop pet store who have some really nice animals and know how to treat them. Sometimes I wish I had bought a red or citrus off a breeder they are so pretty but I wouldn't trade my normal for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom