Petco

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Petco

Postby Dragon2808 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Petco makes me so mad me when I see how they are keeping their bearded dragons ok sand being fed mealworms don't look healthy at all I just makes me feel so bad for them
Dragon2808
Newbie Poster

Re: Petco

Postby joef » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 am

Yes, that is why I don't really like pet stores. What you could do is confront them about it and try to get them to change it. If nothing else, you can report the store.
joef
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 am

Yeah the first step is to ask the employees about it and make constructive suggestions. Perhaps they can improve things using what they have on hand. Mistreatment isn't necessarily intentional and it's in their best interest to keep a healthy stock. They lose money when their dragons are too sick to sell or die before they can be sold.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Rankins » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Be tactful, I was banned from a Petco because I wasn't. It was a long time ago...I'm no longer on their radar.
Rankins
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Vandy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:58 pm

I bought my dragon from petco ( never would have if I knew what I do now about petco and petsmart) but he was 30$ just a normal and they had all the dragons on sand with some horrible looking salad and most of the dragons were pretty skinny so I guess you can say I rescued my guy . I actually refuse to purchase anything from petco or petsmart now it's either internet or local mom and pop pet store who have some really nice animals and know how to treat them. Sometimes I wish I had bought a red or citrus off a breeder they are so pretty but I wouldn't trade my normal for nothing
Vandy
Newbie Poster

Return to General Discussion