Like A Weed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

So, Thomas Patrick Phillips has been home with me for officially three weeks now. I was going to wait a month before getting too excited, but it seems I'm doing something right, as this little guy is growing like a weed! He's eating bugs like it's his job! He's even munching at salads (after sitting in them for a while, or course), especially if I wiggle the squash in front of him so he thinks it's worms... :lol:

Here he is the first night I brought him home, December 8th, at 24 grams... Already showing that mischievous personality, it seems... ("It's bed time, get that light out of my face, crazy lady!")
89627-3877722425.jpg
(Working on a shed on his whole head and abdomen, poor thing)

And here he is last night, December 30th, at 50 grams!! (Now working on a shed for all his appendages, guy can't catch a break!)
89627-7638978199.jpg

Haven't measured his length, but he's definitely gonna be a big'un. Might have to open up the rest of his tank soon!

And, just because, here's his 'come hither' look...
89627-4823395028.jpg

"Helloooooo, Lady Lizards!"

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi again!

So just when everything was going so well...
I finally relaxed after the scary "vet" trip, then I shed all my itchies, so now I am pretty!
89627-1427241438.jpg
And I got a sweet new toasting spot...
89627-2273853636.jpg

Now mom keeps making me eat this gross stuff that she said is for the worms... I thought I was supposed to eat the worms, not feed them when they're already in my tummy!! She said some mumbo jumbo about "albon" and another one that started with an "s" for something called coccidia and pinworms?? I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten any of those, but if she says so. Then the mean mom took all my stuff away and made me hang out with dad while she cleaned my bachelor dragon pad like 100 times!! Or maybe like 4 times, I'm not very good at the math yet...

Anyway, I'm really glad I got my roaches back, those Petco crickets were crunchy, but not as delicious... And now I get giant green squishy gummy worms when I am a good boy (which is always, duh!! 8) ) They are THE BEST!! (I even got some worm juice all over mom's hand, she was not as amused as I)

Well, I gotta go. Mom caught me writing to you all...
89627-1276382525.jpg
89627-333238952.jpg
I'm gonna run across the bed, leap onto the scarf, climb up, and try to sleep on top of the lamp...
89627-4029528853.jpg
89627-916616591.jpg

Night, Everyone!
-Thomas Patrick Phillips

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Toooo cute :lol: :lol:

I especially like his "giant green squishy gummy" description of hornworms :mrgreen:

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, All!

Me again! So I was considering career options during my morning toast, and I think I might go into modelling...

I can do Product Advertisement. You've already seen my work for PlayStation...
89627-914001121.jpg

Or Calendars. I call this my Morning Contemplation look...
89627-8667410072.jpg

I definitely got the Coy look going... Check out that Sexy Leg!
89627-2872657972.jpg

And just replace that stuffed train with a fireplace and a bearskin rug...
89627-6964799245.jpg

I'm King of The Mountain!
89627-8352027721.jpg

What do you think, am I ready for my close-up?
89627-6928275502.jpg

Dad says he's gonna start me my own Instagram, whatever that is... Anyone know any good agents? :D

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Dear Mr. Philips,

I am sorry that I'm not a professional agent, nor am I acquainted with any, but in my opinion, for whatever it's worth, you definitely have the "right stuff" for a career in modelling :D

The only thing I can suggest is that you submit your portfolio for consideration for the next Beardeddragon.org calendar so you could be featured in the 2018 edition.

Sincerely,
SueAnn Hamilton Bailey
Anchorage AK

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, Guys!

Alaska??!! Isn't that where all the cold white stuff lives?? That sounds like the opposite of fun for a little dragon like me, but I guess you must have super snuggly blankets up there (of which I am slightly jealous, but at least mom lets me sleep in her old T-shirt at night).

This "Instagram" thing looks like fun! Ms. Skipper looks like a super cool chick, too! I love that look on her face next to the 'real' dragon on the book. (Like, "Ha! That's all you got?") We could totally be friends! (Or whatever it is you do with Instagram, my mom has no idea, she said Dad's the only one who understands 'social media wizardry'... She's so weird... :roll: )

Anyone needs me, I'll be working out my escape route with this handy new rock wall Mom just put up for me!
89627-9884910611.jpg

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Everyone!

Just stopped in to say a quick hello! Mom got me some sweet new décor for my condo... (Check out mah sexy legs!)
89627-740772160.jpg
89627-527631911.jpg
Can the Mario song be my new theme song? We can play it while I sneakily try to jump off of anything I can find! Dunna, dunna, dunnna....

Mom says I'm getting big. There are a couple pictures of me posted before of when I was a scrawny little baby back in December, but now I'm almost as big as Mom's hand!
89627-9861672613.jpg

She says I weigh 170 grams... That sounds like a lot. Does this picture make my butt look big?
89627-7730668182.jpg

Anyway, just letting you all know I'm doing great, and salads are still just for making a mess with, right? :twisted:

Smoochie-Face!!
89627-3559526750.jpg

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi All!

Today is my Half-Birthday! Mom says I'm almost 300 grams now, and I do feel like I'm growing pretty good. Or maybe Mom's hands are getting smaller?
89627-641477639.jpg

Unfortunately, my itchies are starting to fall off, so I was in a VERY bad mood this morning. I didn't even want to eat my bugs for breakfast. Then Mom just wanted to love me, so I was puffing at her and not having any of it...
89627-4960922152.jpg

Then, she took every single one of my rocks away! (I may have managed to get poo on all of them, but still!) All she left me was my one piece of driftwood, so I sulked on it to convey my disappointment...
89627-4242617781.jpg

Then she left me alone for a while, and I was sooo lonely. No rocks to climb, and nobody to play with...
89627-1088625733.jpg

I still had time to check myself out, though...
89627-1610968486.jpg

When Dad came home, he wanted to show me his new shoes. Again. (He has waaaaaaaay more shoes than my mom!!)
89627-8356546140.jpg

Then I got to hang out at my sweet new spot. Mom says it's my MVB, but I think it's my new favorite place to hang out!
89627-2598515940.jpg
I get to run around to whole room, and when I get cold, I just hop back up and take a break...
89627-4395785495.jpg

Anyway, I finally decided to forgive Mom for... Whatever I was upset about earlier? I can't remember, but that's not important... We had some bedtime snuggles after I wore myself out...
89627-1730221790.jpg

Anyway, can't wait to see what shenanigans I can get into in my next six months... :twisted: Good night!

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: :lol: :laughhard:
But seriously, he is growing into a big beautiful dragon (with an attitude to match)! :blob8:

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is indeed. :) I love the little bugger, even if he doesn't let me sometimes...

My boyfriend is still in amazement that Thomas actually has a personality. I think I've converted the non-believer, though-especially after their 'bobbing' match last week... Thomas was on my lap hanging out, the boyfriend crept up and tried to scare him, but all Thomas did was head bob at him. He bobbed back a couple times, then Thomas with the rebuttal, more adamantly... I told boyfriend he'd better just give up and wave... Thomas was satisfied and climbed up to my shoulder to look down his nose at silly inferior boyfriend. :lol:

Boy, puberty is gonna be a doozy with this one, I feel... :p

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Oh yes, reptiles do indeed have personalities, in case anyone has any doubts (although I'm probably "preaching to the choir" saying that around here) :mrgreen:

If "little"(?) Thomas is already head bobbing at "rival males" ( :wink: ), your suspicions may be correct that you're going to be in for it when the hormones kick in. :roll:

We've been lucky with Puff (our 5 year old male beardie). Only one afternoon of black bearding and head bobbing and general craziness to put up with each of the last two years (not so lucky he was too sick to even think about mating season the year before that :( ).

They're all unique. :D

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Hahaha!! This is one of my favorite threads!! Keep the updates coming!! And yes, puberty can be an interesting time :shock:

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:oops: Thanks sooo much for reading! I truly appreciate all the people around here who help so many others and seem to answer the same questions over and over (and over and over and over!), but never with a shred of annoyance or condescension. :D

I actually skulked quietly on this site for many years off and on before 'officially' signing up. Before that, I read all the books I could get my hands on, which we all know are terribly dated and misinformed at this point, but my father was in the military and we had to move so often I had to keep rehoming my reptiles, no matter how much I protested. My parents, of course, were equally ill-informed and kept letting me acquire pets without realizing how long they live. I had soooo many captured geckos and chameleons in addition to my dragons when we lived in Hawai'i that I'm sure I drove them nuts! (No snakes, though. Not allowed there :( )

A few years after I got Bill the Beardie was when I found this site. He was my little buddy and lived with me through many apartments and homes to a ripe old age of 12. I was devastated when he passed and avoided keeping one for myself for many years, but still I kept on rescuing and rehoming around a dozen and a half dragons during his older years and after. (I will admit that I bought into the calci-sand crazy-ness when it first presented itself, and even the crushed walnut, unfortunately. But hey, that was before I found lots of help on beardeddragon.org!!)

But I digress. :D I finally gave in and decided (and convinced the boyfriend!) to get a dragon of my very own again. Enter Thomas Patrick Phillips. And who could really resist that little face... :D
89627-9883450204.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom