My Beardie's leg looks swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash

Original Poster
Thank you...I do and always have given cash water everyday with a baby dropper...however...since yesterday, I've cut him down to like 5 little crickets a day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Cash doing today?
Sure, that's great he is getting adequate water. Is he eating other foods too?
I hope he is feeling better, poor guy! Please keep us posted on his condition.

Tracie

Cash

Original Poster
Cash is doing ok...he's shedding but not happy...I'm sure he's not pleased I've cut down on his cricket intake but he's eating butternut squash baby food and collard and mustard greens and only a few crickets. He's not liking me forcing the allopurinol but I'm hoping it helps

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, but at least he is eating! I hope that the allopurinol helps out too but it may take a bit of time so give it a chance to work.
I am glad he is shedding. That's probably making him grumpy! LOL

Tracie

Cash

Original Poster
I've been giving Cash Alopuynol since Feb 29th...except for when he was shedding, he's always been alert. After his shed about two weeks ago, he has gotten bigger...I have only been giving him like 9 or 10 med crickets a day that I have been feeding with Orange Cubes, butternut squash and collard greens. Are those orange cubes ok for gut loading or are they bad for gout?
The only other thing I've been giving him is Fresh Butternut squash and fresh collard greens but he doesn't seem to like the collard greens.
I was using the black cherry powder in baby food but I switched to Pure Black Cherry Juice Concentrate in a syringe .03 ml...is this the right stuff?
All the parts that were swollen on him...his knee and some toes appear the same although the bump on his knee seems to have gone down a bit.
He's always hungry for crickets.
My question is, what sort of change should I see to know Aloporynol is working and will he ever be able to eat as many crickets as he likes?
If not...are there other live insects that are better for him that he can eat in abundance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom