Changes in lighting - has this upset my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xani333

Hi there,
I've had my beardie Tane for about 10 months now. He has an 80 gallon viv, 40 degrees c on hot side and 23 degrees cool side, has been really healthy, eats a heap, very active but his behaviour changed a few weeks ago. He has a basking rock and an elevated drift wood set up so he can climb up and be close to the uva/uvb tubes if he chooses. His normal perch is up on the elevated area. He's still pooping (last poop 2 days ago) and has weekly baths (which he normally poops in too). A few weeks ago I changed his lighting from 2 x 5.0 reptisun uvb/uva tubes to 1 x 10.0 reptisun uvb/uva tubes with reflector (mainly to save in future lighting costs). This is the only change in his habitat and I've noticed he doesnt use his elevated area anymore and prefers to hide under the drift wood set up. His eyes are shut most of the time but he will lift his head to see whats going on if we walk past but doesnt want to move from this spot. It's really hot out currently so when possible I will take him outside to bask in the natural sunlight which he seems to enjoy. I'm just a bit worried that the 10.0 with reflector has upset him and wondering if this is too much? I'm also worried with his lack of appetite hes not getting his calcium which I sprinkle on his food and I dont want him to develop bone issues as a result. Should I wait it out until hes used to his new light? or should I go back to 2 x 5.0 reptisun lighting?
Thanks in advance, and apologies if I'm being over-protective mum, just love my little guy and want the best for him,
Xani

Xani333

Original Poster
Thank you for your response. I'll wait and see how he adapts, hes in such good health that I'm not too worried, just concerned with his change of behaviour and didnt know if anyone else had encountered the same changes with lighting transition. Thanks again :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Xani333":2jockwmu said:
Thank you for your response. I'll wait and see how he adapts, hes in such good health that I'm not too worried, just concerned with his change of behaviour and didnt know if anyone else had encountered the same changes with lighting transition. Thanks again :)

All mine are so content with their lives that they take changes like that in their strides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom