1 month and 3 weeks and only 1 poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
i don't understand, carlos had just recently been impacted and pooped after a month, 3 weeks later he hasn't pooped again, what could i be doing wrong he gets enough moisture and the crickets are about he right size and since the last time he pooped i have been feeding him more capsicum, grapes and blueberries, about 1 time a week, he's a pogona minor so apparently doesn't need as many veggies but carlos will eat just about anything, please help i'm getting worried :!:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they just don't go all that frequently. Do you feel any masses along the right side of his belly that could be blockages? I would offer him some extra water by dripping it on his nose and see if he licks it up. I'd also offer some softer food along with the crickets. Silk worms are a good choice and easy to digest. That may help him digest and move everything along.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
found a poop in his outdoor enclosure and he did another one today so 3 poops in 1 month 3 weeks, that's still normal? yeah i do give him water through a syringe every weekend and a spray every 3rd or 4th day he gets veggies every 3rd day thought he would be plenty hydrated cos i heard some people don't even offer water, even if he was dehydrated how could i tell? Yeah we used to get silkies for him but the pet shop recently stopped selling them, so plan to buy them in bulk in the near future! :blob8:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mmmm .... time to start giving him about 0.3 ml of olive oil orally by syringe every couple of days to get the plumbing working properly.

More crickets and or roaches each day will also help as the undigested bits of exoskeleton will pass through him and act like fibre does. If he's impacted, put the bugs in a blender and make a puree of them rather than giving the whole live bugs to him.

Silkworms also help too, the food they eat acts like a laxative (nice most poos).
They are cheaper to buy if you buy them as ready to hatch eggs and you can raise your own feeding them fresh mulberry leaves or silkworm chow (I find mulberry leaves work better). Silkworms are a great staple feeder insect.

Really important if you think he's impacted to keep the solid foods to a minimum and to turn them into moist purees or slurries to give orally by syringe, more solids will only make any impactions worse if he's impacted.

What is his basking spot temp, warm zone temp and cool zone temp ?
and his overnight temps ?
if too cool he can't digest his food properly and it's sit there in his stomach and guts an rot... not a good situation.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
every temp reader we buy is inaccurate! havent been able to properly measure it i feel really bad.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
chameleon7":1bkxz4r2 said:
every temp reader we buy is inaccurate! havent been able to properly measure it i feel really bad.

Well if the local pet shop only sells junky rubbish thermometers, Ebay is a good place to find good (and cheap) digital thermometers and noncontact (laser) thermometers ( I source all mine there, and I test them by measuring boiling water and ice/water slurries temperatures.)

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
will definitely have to look into it, at the moment its fine because it's summer and Carlos is in the outdoor enclosure for a couple of hours every few days :oops: :? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom