Please help - New beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca3782x

I just got a 6 m/o beardie yesterday. Everything is normal but he's not eating. He will lunge at crickets but if he misses he gives up and goes to bask. He ate 4 super worms this morning, and maybe 3 or 4 crickets in the evening time. I'm hoping this is just stress from being in a new space.

I also have some questions about the temps.

My cool side is reading 83F
My basking side is reading 94.7F
And the basking spot is reading 108F

From what I've read the basking side of the tank needs to be warmer, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
What size is the enclosure?
Sometimes if the enclosure is smaller it will make the crickets easier to hunt down. You could try putting it in a plastic bin for feedings.
Your temps sound fine. Basically all you have to worry about is cool side temp and basking site temp.

ca3782x

Original Poster
I'm using a 40G breeder. I tried using a plastic bin but he didn't even attempt to eat them there :(

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, I was hoping the bin would work, but it may also discourage him because of the new surroundings.
Keep offering bugs and greens, but it may eventually need syringe feedings if it starts losing weight. Do you have a gram scale? They are fairly cheap...usually under $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom