Adult Beardie with bloody (I think) diarrhea, pale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anamasha1

Original Poster
kelleym530":1w14to6l said:
These were the symptoms of our beardie that was diagnosed with Cryptosporidium. We had to have her put down. ?

I hope it doesn't come to that. I mean for a seriously ill dragon he's relatively perky. I mean, he's not up and running around but he made his way up his branch by himself today, he's been moving around, I think he may have even eaten a tiny bit of kale today. The vet took a stool sample and he said theres a tiny bit of pinworms but that's about it. I'm sorry about your beardie :( I feel so close to mine I'm so worried for him but I have faith!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did the vet suggest an iron supplement or is he on a vitamin supplement with extra iron?
How is he doing this evening?
I hope that he improves for you. Be sure he gets plenty of rest so he can recuperate properly.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Anamasha1

Original Poster
I hope it doesn't come to that :( The vet did a stool sample and all that and found a tiny bit of pin worms or something of the sort, but nothing that would be causing this. He suspects a bad infection that started a few months ago, but the blood work should be coming back soon! He's doing a little better I think. He might have eaten a tiny bit of kale even. Yesterday he pooped out a string of blood, but at least he pooped so maybe he's trying to get rid of all that. He seems to be perky and the color is lightly less pale so maybe he will improve.

Tracie, he is sitting on the basking log and though he keeps fighting me and leaving it every hour or so I let him rest a bit on the cooler side and then put him back. He's drinking plenty of water, and getting baths every day. I think he's doing bit better but honestly, I can't be sure. The vet just said to give it a few more days and if he doesn't eat he will give him some form of like a super food thing which will give him some nutrients. I'll have to watch closer today to see if he eats any salad I give him.

Anamasha1

Original Poster
UPDATE 2/17/17

I personally think that Elliott is doing a lot better, but I'm not a vet so I can be wrong. He is a bit more perky and active. He looks at his food at least now, even though he's still not eating. It's only been a week though so the vet said it's alright. Next week I'm probably going to start him on a diet the vet will give me. His color is back, he is no longer white as a sheet. His beard and tail are still darker but they're not constantly pitch black anymore. The inside of his mouth is still very pale though. He's drinking plenty of water, getting up on his branch by himself and now when I give him his meds he tries to fight me which I take as a good sign because he hates taking meds. Last time he pooped he pooped out some weird stringy stuff and a tiny bit of digested blood and his belly is bloated but to be fair he's not eating so I guess there isn't much normal food to poop out. Overall he seems to be better but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom