Goop in eyes!! why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Babies are always adorable. :) Raw honey watered down a bit can help, use it 2-3X a day if you can with a new clean eyedropper. Be sure there aren't any loose insects in the tank though if you use honey because they'd be attracted to the honey. You can also use Terramycin eye ointment.

The problem may be with the lights, some of the coil/compact uvb may cause eye problems or if it's too cold or too hot they can develop eye problems. If you can order new uvb bulb that might help. The Arcadia 12% or the Reptisun 10.0 t5 long tube flourescent are the best.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello! the babies are doing much better and the honey solution seems to be working!!!! i might get that cream i don't know yet, it sounds interesting!!!! so the uvb bulb is just a few weeks old and i had on one of my adult BD and she did fine with it, but do you think it could be different for the babies? I've never had a tube light before so i don't know what they are like.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure what size your tank is but you can choose which size you need. I use these for my BDs
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/11442-580035/zoo-med-zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-10-0-uvb-high-output-bulbs.html
These are one of the highly recommended UVB

And a fixture like this for it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016X3LD4E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
One lamp is just for bright light and the other for your uvb.

Best thing is to find a way to mount it inside. Its better not to have anything between the BD and UVB.
(No screen, plastic, or glass etc.)

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
By the way that is wonderful the babies are doing better. From the links I sent I guess you can describe the set-up like a fish tank. The light spreads through the whole tank this way. Just get the size that will fit just inside. As long as they keep improving with the honey I don't think you need to worry about the ointment. The coil/compact lamps have been proven to cause eye injury, just like AHBD said.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, so i changed the bulb's today i think the newer one is much better, i will let you decide, it says that it is a mini size compact fluorescent is that what they need? by the way the honey stuff is working one of the babies cleared up :D :D :D !!!!!!! but im not going stop in till they all clear up :D

90427-6707101688.jpg
this is the old one

90427-387333199.jpg
and here's the new one is this better or do i still need the tube one?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not that familiar with that one. Im thinking it's not good because it's compact but I'm sure someone will weight in on that here.
That's so wonderful the honey is working!

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi so here's an update i stop using the honey and turned off the uvb to let their eyes heal and they are slowly opening their eyes :blob8: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and so since i have the light off they are getting lot's of calcium :D so i'm a happy beardi owner :D :D :blob8: :blob8:

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It looks like that compact could of been part of the issue. Are you getting them the tube kind? Sounds like they are getting better! Don't have them without uvb too long they need it to process that calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom