Time for an upgrade , suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I've had my beardie Slyfer for about 5 months now and it's tax refund time so I'd like to give his set up an upgrade to make it the best it can be for now :)

Current set up:
85601-8615805474.jpg

Size : 36"X18"X24"
Substrate : Slate textured tile
Lighting : 1) 24" Reptisun 10.0 T8 in a under the cabinet fixture with the plastic cover off inside the tank back wall.
2)Exo terra intense basking spot bulb in a flukers dome with dimmer .
Temp : Cool side 77-80F
Basking : 90-100F

5 months ago (about 2 months old then) :
85601-2637668685.jpg

Any pro tips would be great . Links to the best equipment would be appreciated.

Minion3511

Original Poster
CooperDragon":hzhzj84u said:
I'd say the best upgrade you can do at the moment is to get a T5 UVB light. Set this about 12'' above the basking area (it can go on top, just build at least part of the basking area up to within about 12'' of the light) http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

The picture doesn't really show me , is this a bulky fixture that goes on top or one of those flat looking ones that you just put facing down on the screen on top of the Viv ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not super bulky. About 2'' tall and about 3.5'' wide. it has a flat top with clips so you can hang it from wire inside the tank. I just keep mine right on top though. It comes down to what you can set up in terms of distance to the basking spot.

Minion3511

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3bihbtwi said:
It's not super bulky. About 2'' tall and about 3.5'' wide. it has a flat top with clips so you can hang it from wire inside the tank. I just keep mine right on top though. It comes down to what you can set up in terms of distance to the basking spot.

Thank you I will look into it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom