My Evee

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I feel sick...I lost my Evee last night. I don't know what happened. I knew she wasn't feeling well as she was very dark all over. I get her some metacam, a nice warm bath and rubbed her tummy. I went to bed with my toddler. My eldest said Evee threw up her superworms and in the morning her cloaca was prolapsed and when I pet her back clear fluid/water came out of her mouth - she was dead by that point. What did I do wrong? I tried so hard :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about Evee. You didn't do anything wrong and you absolutely tried your best with all her health concerns. I saw that the last posts were about another jaw fracture but it didn't seem to bother her too much and she was eating so well. No way to tell exactly what happened or why unless you opt for a necropsy.

But again, my heart goes out to you, I know you're devastated over your little girl. :(

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I really am. It's literally making me sick. Even my vet said I did everything right. I'm just floored. She most likely had underlying issues that didn't present earlier. Gawd knows she had a slew of health issues. She was doing so well even two days ago. I just don't understand :*(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sad to hear this =(. They are so good at hiding illness that even doing everything right doesn't always help. I'm glad that she at least got the best chance possible under your care.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Oh no, I am so so so sorry about Evee!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm sure it wasn't you, please don't blame yourself. Two sundays ago my bird was hanging upside-down on his cage, when he fell and either broke his neck or hit his head. He was only 1 years old :( I was so devastated but I knew I couldn't blame myself. I hope you realize the same. Do you think you will ever get another? Not to replace Evee, but just to have another beardie

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I know I will get another but not for a while. I had planned changes to her enclosure, so I will yake my time and do that...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Oh no .... I know you are very sad and feel like you've failed her somehow .... I felt the same way when I lost Lucky (very similar symptoms on last day) and when I lost Puff.

Give her a nice send off and find a nice place in the garden to lay her at rest.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I plan on burying her next to Gonzo ? Problem is, we have about 4 ft of snow on the ground...

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
My daughter (she's 16) got a box and gently put her in it and my husband wrapped the box in plastic. So yes, she is in the freezer :( I haven't had the heart to clean out her enclosure yet. I know I need to, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. My 3 year old keeps asking where Evee is. It's really heartbreaking explaining her death to him because he doesn't understand. He loved giving her pets and 'kisses'. UGH He knows she's 'gone' and I told him she died, but death is really abstract to toddlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom