limping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

Hello,
at first i want to apologize for my english :banghead: i am still learning but i belive you will understand :)

I have 6 mo bearded dragon when i bought him he looked all right but when i let some crickets in vivarium he start limping and often when he is lying he have that foot bented or fingers. Should i visit vet ? Despite that he is very active and he is not hiding.
90596-9406727217.jpg
90596-3121325374.jpg
90596-3101756941.jpg

I thank you all very much for your advice :blob5:

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
If you are leaving the crickets in there for long periods of time he could of got bit. Especially over night they could chew on him and he won't wake up. Are there any obvious signs of this?

What are the temperatures in the enclosure? How are you taking them? A lot of people are going to mention your use of sand. It is not the best for them.

What brand and type of UVB are you using? How close can he get to it? Is there anything between your beardie and the UVB? Like screen, plastic or glass?

Sentinel

Original Poster
So, i am not leaving crickets over night and if i cant catch them they have food in there.
Temperatures are 43-45 C under basking spot and about 25 in the coolest place.
Here i am not sure how am i taking what ?
Well i find out about sand later but i am not letting just crickets in so i dont think he will consume sand.
I got Exo terra UVB 200 25w usually he is 20cm or closer to it. and there is nothing between UVB and him.

I should probably mention that i got him only about 4 days and he is limping since i got him, so i belive its not because of lights or anything like that.

+ i am dusting insects with calcium and minerals and once/twice a week with vitamins

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
In the picture his hand looks like it could be swollen. Maybe from a bite from a cricket or another dragon. Since you only got him 4 days ago it's hard to say. If that's not it he could of injured it or it could be a sign of MDB.

You can read up on the dangers of using sand if you like.

Is there anyway you can get him a different UVB? That one can cause health problems. There are a few top choices but one of them is reptisun 10.0 HO.

Is he walking on the foot with it bent like that?

How are you measuring the temperatures? A digital with probe, temperature gun or the stick on thermometer?

Sentinel

Original Poster
it doesnt look like its swollen. I dont think its from bite it looks like internal injury.

And what do you think is wrong with my UVB ?

He is not walking with foot like that, sometimes his foot looks ok. but it looks like it hurts him when he clamp down. And it looks like at the point where it hurts him its black, like black line.

And i think i am measuring temperatures with two bimetallic thermometers. http://www.teskepetandgarden.com/rept-o-meter-thermometer.html this and another one

Sentinel

Original Poster
Update
So, leg was broken he is in vet now. thank god I went there . i am going to pick him up on Sunday. Do you have any experiences with that ? Like how Long does it take to heal? How should i treat him?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Aww the poor dear. Why does he have to stay there though? I would get some silkworms or serrapeptase to help with pain and promote healing. Is he getting a splint? I'm glad you could get him to a vet.

Sentinel

Original Poster
I am glad too :) . He is going on rentgen. By silkworms do you mean live bombyx mori? Not sure if they ll give him splnit. I should ask more questions i know but i was really nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom