Looking to start rescue in NE Ohio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I was just thinking about starting a reptile rescue here in north east ohio. was just wondering if there was a demand for it. I can not quite start it yet till I get a house but would love to take the cuties in and find them a new home when my husband and i do get a house

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I would think probably so....there are several very long running reptile shows within 3 hours of you [ Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh ] So the area may be saturated with pet reptiles . Be aware that there is a lot of work involved , to be a true rescue I believe there's paperwork as well. But that's awfully nice of you to be thinking of helping reptiles in need. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, that's very generous of you and may wind up helping a lot of reptiles in need. It does take a lot of work and funding to get everything going and will take a ton of time and care to keep it running. There are a few folks on here who have rescues and might be able to chime in with details. I'd also read through Sarah's blog. She runs a rescue in Salt Lake City and is pretty good about detailing the regular routine involved. http://sarahsbeardeddragonrescue.blogspot.com

xMindy

Where do you get your supplies? I have 6 babes and it's not that bad for me. Buy online or at the cleveland expo. 500 crickets for $9, 1000 for $15, 200 dubias $22, hornworms were expensive ?. All sizes.

Lamp costs I can see being a problem, some came with my rescues and I bought a bunch on sale.

xMindy

If youre looking for something in the meantime to help.. Put your number in at all the petshops. People will being babes in not knowing what to do with them. Keep your eyes on fbook too.. If someone is selling offer your care in case they can't find a home. That's how I got two of my babes.

Cmane419

I'm paying 8$ for 100 crickets 30-40$ per bulb having to use reptisun 10.0 shrouds are cheap i get them from hardware store tryednto order got a bunch of dead crickets going to try to start a colony for then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom